Working for Shady Customers

tomstrees

I had one lawyer I did a job for, an immigration attorney, as we were taking the dead tree down in the back yard, a twig apparently shot into one of his windows, he allowed me to try to fix it myself. He was a neighbor too. I mentioned someone with his name who was an Aristotelian scholar, McKeon, he said his relatives were horse thieves.... He wasn't happy with my work so he hired a company to fix the window and deducted the charge from his bill. Cold hearted. And he is a "good Catholic" minister volunteer at the church. He also took me on with a letter I wrote in the local paper defending freedom issues. I didn't respond.

tomstrees

be careful being around people who live their lives from a position of 'lacking'. They are unfulfilled and suck fulfillment from those of us you live their lives from a position of being 'complete'.
I get your point I think Tom, and certainly it is possible to limit ourselves by nursing grudges and harboring resentments. The inequities in the system are endless. I am grateful for what I have and trust that all things work out in the end, though it may take a long time.

tomstrees

If you are strong enough in your life and work, the actions or attitudes of others doesn't "suck fulfillment from those of us you live their lives from a position of being 'complete'. " I had a similar talk with my brother regarding those like an older sister who is in a nursing home type environment, that looks like a concentration camp of dying people. I said that if workers are strong in themselves and with their God, why would they be unduly depressed by such "negative" people? Questions of ethics and whom to serve or not, are not necessarily depressing or draining. These are case studies of life, far more interesting than theoretical issues in schools where people have their heads up their a$$. I have made so many mistakes the hard way, how are we going to help others not do so unless we shine light on such things?

New2trees

I had one lawyer I did a job for, an immigration attorney, as we were taking the dead tree down in the back yard, a twig apparently shot into one of his windows, he allowed me to try to fix it myself. He was a neighbor too. I mentioned someone with his name who was an Aristotelian scholar, McKeon, he said his relatives were horse thieves.... He wasn't happy with my work so he hired a company to fix the window and deducted the charge from his bill. Cold hearted. And he is a "good Catholic" minister volunteer at the church. He also took me on with a letter I wrote in the local paper defending freedom issues. I didn't respond.
Is his name Payam? I am currently rebilling a client by this name who just happens to be an immigration attorney......first he talked me down on the estimate (first client ever to negotiate a bill) then after I did the work has not acknowledged my email or sent payment for the work.

SomethingWitty

Is his name Payam? I am currently rebilling a client by this name who just happens to be an immigration attorney......first he talked me down on the estimate (first client ever to negotiate a bill) then after I did the work has not acknowledged my email or sent payment for the work.
Only one way to handle that.
Get his daughter hooked on crack and knocked up by an illegal immigrant.

tomstrees

I have seen a lot of contractors with anger management issues. Hitting the bottle is a common though dysfunctional way of handling the stresses of life, but that seems to go with the territory.

I made some remark about a customer to one established tree service about a request or complaint, a guy who worked for vips like Newman and Hotchner. He talked about going back and acting out of a spirit of revenge. I worked for an anger driven construction contractor once who when I was being hired had come back from having casts done on his car tires as they were looking for leads at the crime scene from suspects. One of his workers spoke about a lady who caused them grief, that they had "fixed her wagon!" A painting contractor my brother knew in AA was ripped off by a builder who did not pay him, he painted out at the end of the driveway, "pay your bills mfer". I'm sure his neighbors liked that....I have heard others talk about sending a wrecking crew over to the properties of non-payers, or having Guido and Vito drop in to pay a visit and work them over with lead pipes. All those things are a good way to be on the wrong side of the law. Think how a judge is going to see the issues.

Bango Skank

No doubt. Situations like that could easily go from bad to worse long before it gets to a judge too. There's always someone bigger and badder and crazier out there, and it's not always easy to tell at first. Violence, intimidation, and fear can definitely pay off and carry one far, but where does it end? Maybe in prison. Maybe in someone's basement where they're turned into dog food.