Work Photos

deevo

Thanks alot. Never really thought much about this till recently but I think different clothing is something that will make a big difference in my productivity in the tree.
Yes wearing the cloggers ever since they came out makes a huge huge difference in weight, and fatigue when the temps are high! They are amazingly light and comfy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deevo

Seems counterintuitive to burn debris on the ice I'm standing on. Just sayin................ perhaps you northern territory have better quality ice than us. ;)))))
Yes yes seems strange to do but the ice actually works as an insulator and heat rises ( not that you knew that or anything(y)) it’s pretty amazing and fun to do! It’s when we dropped a 90’er onto the ice and felt the ripple effect 200’ away that’s when the pucker factor happens ! We had 15” of ice on that part of the lake and our water wings with us just in case.

Limb It

Yes yes seems strange to do but the ice actually works as an insulator and heat rises ( not that you knew that or anything(y)) it’s pretty amazing and fun to do! It’s when we dropped a 90’er onto the ice and felt the ripple effect 200’ away that’s when the pucker factor happens ! We had 15” of ice on that part of the lake and our water wings with us just in case.
What ripple effect? Everything felt rock solid from where I was standing.

CutHighnLetFly

Did 17 trees for a company recently. Originally I thought they were mostly all climbers, but after the first couple were down it made some room. It was a lot of fun as I was felling 80+' white pines in a kinda small back yard, weaving them between rhodys.
But one by the driveway got destroyed by PEOPLE DRAGGING BRUSH I mean COM ON MAN!

Attachments

Hoowasat

I had a 72 Blazer K5 I basically gave away when I joined the service. I wish I had taken all the stupid money I spent on things long gone and had it restored while I was overseas. They are going for about 60k restored. That GMC is almost as nice. ;)))))
Steve - I've been absent from this site for a lil' while and bought a new 2017 F250 King Ranch diesel. How's that crane working out for ya'? I hope it's proving profitable! <Ken>

jmaher

Awesome pics. This may be a weird question but what kind of pants do you guys climb in? I have been looking for something lightweight and flexible but also durable.
Those ones are francital "everests" i believe. Yeah.. they weren't too bad. Id buy them again.

Stihlmadd

Stellar as usual Maddman. You going all Cool Hand Luke with a cig on that one pic? If so you are officially my hero!
thank you Rico ,
this one is from about three years ago and just for youse :D
G0010001.jpg

Grrrrrr.....

love the lucas mill - I have two sized units at my place waiting till fire ban season passes so we can resume milling

Leroy

Benn is a big pussy cat? Is that what you’re saying Levi?
Hope you’re doing well brother
Hey now, I didn't say anything like that! hahaha

Doing alright, Rich, better, thanks. Winter is nearly over, I can feel it! Hope that thing are well for you out in Ohi!