Women in trees, here's your enemy.

tomthetreeman

Definitely a complicated subject when you open it up to the overall situation, but this topic is women in arboriculture, which is possible and real. There are many talking points in the 'equality' discussion, but we will never be equal, and that's a good thing. I think that most women don't want to be equal, they just want some of the same rights that men have, which is slow coming. I like to think that I am helping, but like I previously said, you can't fully appreciate discrimination until you are the target of it.

Tom

frashdog

Just saying, I started the flipping thing, I'll see it through.
Tom, do you like to party, and engage in lively debate about shit that does not matter after you die. If you have not heard, we are kinda forming a crew to balance out and collect the powerful forces at hand here. Going down at next tcia show. Let us know if you are in.

tomthetreeman

Tom, do you like to party, and engage in lively debate about shit that does not matter after you die. If you have not heard, we are kinda forming a crew to balance out and collect the powerful forces at hand here. Going down at next tcia show. Let us know if you are in.
I've done enough debating, but I'd go for the drinking and listen to you guys debate.

Tom

TreeLogic

Yep, you two are master debaters, but certainly not cunning linguists. Have fun on your "drinking and dress-up" trip. What flavors of Bartles and Jaymes are you two going to be sharing? Bringing your double twirly straws?

Last edited:

macswan

I believe your post was just indicative of the problem. So, technically, you are not the enemy. It is the mentality displayed in your original post that is the enemy.

Don't get me wrong, you would make a great enemy, I just don't think that was the intent of Toms posting.

When I was contacted about this thread it was suggested that I do something about Riggs. I read the first page of posts and saw how Riggs entered the thread and it wasn't bad or disrespectful. Pages later, yeah he insulted a few people. But in order to ban Riggs if have to ban at least 4 others for the exact same offense. Be careful what you ask for.

I originally thought I'd have to lock the thread or delete it. I have read it now and really think that some of this thread was well thought out and on point. I also believe that this discussion has importance. I am wanting to leave it here unless you all want me to delete it?

I would like to remind everyone to treat each other just like you would in person. Tgat would eliminate half of the issues here. It's not that hard to do either. Speak your mind in a respectful way, that's all.

tomthetreeman

Mark, you are taking the bait that any of us want Riggs banned over this. Unless someone asked you in a PM, it is a theme created by him. I have suggested that he would be banned (on most Internet forums) for the way he treats people, but I don't recall anyone asking for it. We all know he is a great tree man, and I think many of us are continuously surprised at how he comports himself online, given his experience and background.

Tom

EDIT - I see in your post that someone asked you to 'do something about Riggs.' Apologies for misreading it.

Last edited:

TimBr

"as soon as the sexist bullshit riggs is covered in has faded from the scene, you will see the male/female ratio in the field change."

Really , back that SHIT UP ! Sexist bbull shit , I have 3 daughters and three sisters . Are you kidding me , ? Where are the ther woman tree climbers ? they ain't around here . I posted what I wanted , wasn't a formal job app. That's what I wanted . It was a joke no woman , because there are not any . It was serious , under 26 . The joke got serious . Tom , hires Mexicans , I have Puerto Ricans . Don't call me a sexist , you never married , had kids or raised a family . Where are all the woman tree climbers ? couldn't field a softball team in Pa. . Woman's Tree champ , ...beat three people ... homerun , no one in the outfield , in the park homer . I' m , a small company , way bigger than Tomthetools. No liberal will ever get away with calling me a sexist . Where are all the woman tree climbers . You don't even want to hear what I really want to say . You couldn't handle it . Trust me , truth cuts like a knife . Right now , Tomthetreeman is Bsh*t , and Kathy is out of line . Who's Mac ? really ? really ? ohh , I know , toms buddy , does srt on youtube . that's cute . keep it up . one more thing , Where are all the women tree climbers ? Hey Tom , got any woman working in the trees for you ? didn't think so, Mac ? didn't thinkso , Royce ? really same answer ...... Kathy , you ? cmon , don't lie . I really just wanted someone under 26 , but there was an elephant in the room , somebody has to let you know . Woman's champ , best of 6 .
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought discrimination based on age alone was also illegal. I wonder what the discrimation trifecta would be?

Age based discrimination is also illegal. Spot on. Basically the EEOC makes it illegal to discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, and disability. Although I think the disability bit varies based on the requirements of the position.

Riggs

Coming up on a birthday. my 50th, awesome that a tree guy from Cnanada , Tom the tree man. If I am the worst thing to happen to women in tree work , than you have a hell of a chance . Its not an easy job , people are hard and crass , man , woman , you have to have an idea of what your getting into . is what it is . Tomthetreeman, started this thread out of anger and jealousy . Don't worry about being a woman in arboriculture , Jealousy and anger will get you no where . Saddle up ! not your enemy , TOMTHETREMAN needs love . like a buzzboard hug , cmon Tom , un enemy me .....