Women in trees, here's your enemy.

Discussion in 'WOTT- Women Of The Trees' started by tomthetreeman, Aug 23, 2015.

1. frashdog

frashdog Well-Known Member

You are 100% right on...
    My door is open.
    Can we link Riggs post to a feminist forum?

tomthetreeman likes this.
  2. tomthetreeman

tomthetreeman Well-Known Member

Definitely a complicated subject when you open it up to the overall situation, but this topic is women in arboriculture, which is possible and real. There are many talking points in the 'equality' discussion, but we will never be equal, and that's a good thing. I think that most women don't want to be equal, they just want some of the same rights that men have, which is slow coming. I like to think that I am helping, but like I previously said, you can't fully appreciate discrimination until you are the target of it.

Tom

frashdog and macswan like this.
  3. TreeLogic

TreeLogic Well-Known Member

Are you still talking?????

frashdog and Levi.CO like this.
  4. tomthetreeman

What is this, a silence forum?

Levi.CO and frashdog like this.
  5. frashdog

Only if you are a women in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia or like right?

6. tomthetreeman

Just saying, I started the flipping thing, I'll see it through.

frashdog likes this.
  7. frashdog

Dam straight, you own this. Treeirrationallogic is way out of line. Boooo boo!

tomthetreeman likes this.
  8. frashdog

Tom, do you like to party, and engage in lively debate about shit that does not matter after you die. If you have not heard, we are kinda forming a crew to balance out and collect the powerful forces at hand here. Going down at next tcia show. Let us know if you are in.

9. TreeCo

TreeCo Well-Known Member

You mean another one? :boxeador:

Levi.CO, TreeLogic and frashdog like this.
  10. tomthetreeman

I've done enough debating, but I'd go for the drinking and listen to you guys debate.

Tom

11. TreeLogic

Yep, you two are master debaters, but certainly not cunning linguists. Have fun on your "drinking and dress-up" trip. What flavors of Bartles and Jaymes are you two going to be sharing? Bringing your double twirly straws?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    tomthetreeman and frashdog like this.
  12. Riggs

Riggs Well-Known Member

13. macswan

macswan Well-Known Member

I believe your post was just indicative of the problem. So, technically, you are not the enemy. It is the mentality displayed in your original post that is the enemy.

Don't get me wrong, you would make a great enemy, I just don't think that was the intent of Toms posting.

TimBr likes this.
  14. Mark Chisholm

Mark Chisholm Administrator

When I was contacted about this thread it was suggested that I do something about Riggs. I read the first page of posts and saw how Riggs entered the thread and it wasn't bad or disrespectful. Pages later, yeah he insulted a few people. But in order to ban Riggs if have to ban at least 4 others for the exact same offense. Be careful what you ask for.

I originally thought I'd have to lock the thread or delete it. I have read it now and really think that some of this thread was well thought out and on point. I also believe that this discussion has importance. I am wanting to leave it here unless you all want me to delete it?

I would like to remind everyone to treat each other just like you would in person. Tgat would eliminate half of the issues here. It's not that hard to do either. Speak your mind in a respectful way, that's all.

15. tomthetreeman

Mark, you are taking the bait that any of us want Riggs banned over this. Unless someone asked you in a PM, it is a theme created by him. I have suggested that he would be banned (on most Internet forums) for the way he treats people, but I don't recall anyone asking for it. We all know he is a great tree man, and I think many of us are continuously surprised at how he comports himself online, given his experience and background.

Tom

EDIT - I see in your post that someone asked you to 'do something about Riggs.' Apologies for misreading it.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    Mark Chisholm likes this.
  16. JeffGu

JeffGu Well-Known Member

I tried that. The gun was real loud in the house, and the bullet just destroyed my DSL modem/router without any apparent effect on my intended victim. I don't think it will work, Mark. ;)

17. TimBr

TimBr Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought discrimination based on age alone was also illegal. I wonder what the discrimation trifecta would be?

18. ladybird

ladybird Member

Age based discrimination is also illegal. Spot on. Basically the EEOC makes it illegal to discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, and disability. Although I think the disability bit varies based on the requirements of the position.

TimBr and Levi.CO like this.
  19. TreeLogic

I don't know, I bet a good sturdy wheelchair would make a hell of a speedline anchor :)

TimBr and Levi.CO like this.
  20. Riggs

Riggs Well-Known Member

Coming up on a birthday. my 50th, awesome that a tree guy from Cnanada , Tom the tree man. If I am the worst thing to happen to women in tree work , than you have a hell of a chance . Its not an easy job , people are hard and crass , man , woman , you have to have an idea of what your getting into . is what it is . Tomthetreeman, started this thread out of anger and jealousy . Don't worry about being a woman in arboriculture , Jealousy and anger will get you no where . Saddle up ! not your enemy , TOMTHETREMAN needs love . like a buzzboard hug , cmon Tom , un enemy me .....

TreeCo, TreeLogic and Levi.CO like this.