Women in trees, here's your enemy.

Discussion in 'WOTT- Women Of The Trees' started by tomthetreeman, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Levi.CO

Levi.CO Well-Known Member

looks like a cool company

2. tomthetreeman

tomthetreeman Well-Known Member

3. macswan

macswan Well-Known Member

And boosh again.

In response to Kathy's post

4. Riggs

Riggs Well-Known Member

"as soon as the sexist bullshit riggs is covered in has faded from the scene, you will see the male/female ratio in the field change."

Really , back that SHIT UP ! Sexist bbull shit , I have 3 daughters and three sisters . Are you kidding me , ? Where are the ther woman tree climbers ? they ain't around here . I posted what I wanted , wasn't a formal job app. That's what I wanted . It was a joke no woman , because there are not any . It was serious , under 26 . The joke got serious . Tom , hires Mexicans , I have Puerto Ricans . Don't call me a sexist , you never married , had kids or raised a family . Where are all the woman tree climbers ? couldn't field a softball team in Pa. . Woman's Tree champ , ...beat three people ... homerun , no one in the outfield , in the park homer . I' m , a small company , way bigger than Tomthetools. No liberal will ever get away with calling me a sexist . Where are all the woman tree climbers . You don't even want to hear what I really want to say . You couldn't handle it . Trust me , truth cuts like a knife . Right now , Tomthetreeman is Bsh*t , and Kathy is out of line . Who's Mac ? really ? really ? ohh , I know , toms buddy , does srt on youtube . that's cute . keep it up . one more thing , Where are all the women tree climbers ? Hey Tom , got any woman working in the trees for you ? didn't think so, Mac ? didn't thinkso , Royce ? really same answer ...... Kathy , you ? cmon , don't lie . I really just wanted someone under 26 , but there was an elephant in the room , somebody has to let you know . Woman's champ , best of 6 .

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
    frashdog and TreeCo like this.
  5. Riggs

Riggs Well-Known Member

that's great Tom , I'm gonna starve your need , your fix. I wish I was as funny as you ........ you got me . darn it , Geez , oh my goodness , geez louise , someone please ban this GUY , he's so cruel . Mommy.....

6. macswan

Shmuck

7. newt

newt New Member

Wow, way to convince the liberals you're not sexist, using "half woman" as an insult to both Kathy and Tom. A big reason there aren't more women climbers everywhere is that if there's no college nearby to learn from, it's hard to get the skills to be an efficient climber without being able to start at a company and learn on the job. And when there's a No Women policy, whether it's unspoken or "just a joke" it keeps women from becoming climbers. So big cheers to all the guys who are glad to work with all climbers, and who make a point of mentoring women. And cheers to Kathy too, for inspiring and mentoring a lot of women to become solid climbers with a lot of technical skill.

ladybird, TimBr and macswan like this.
  8. TimBr

TimBr Well-Known Member

Way to be, Kathy! That is how the ball gets rolling! I do not know if you actively recruit new talent, or if you already have all the help you need, but I think many women would just jump at the chance to come to work for you.

You could hire them on at modest wages, possibly, with the understanding that as an untrained person they are not yet worth much on the open market, but that the mutual goal will be to get them up to speed to allow them to jump ship for higher wages elsewhere.

All of which you are probably doing already. Nobody likes to have to take the time and experience the pain of having to train someone. I see that in job posting after job posting. Mark Chisholm's recent posting is the rare exception.

http://www.treebuzz.com/forum/threads/tree-climber-crew-leader.30380/#post-443224

So, congratulations on all of your success, and may it continue.

Tim

tomthetreeman likes this.
  9. TreeCo

TreeCo Well-Known Member

Kathy has already described her discriminatory hiring practices.

No way does a company reach a 50/50 ration without discriminating against males.

If one is wrong, isn't the other?

frashdog and TreeLogic like this.
  10. macswan

Yeah, there is no POSSIBLE way the female candidates were better suited than the male ones. You basically just said women are inferior.

11. tomthetreeman

In case you missed my earlier post, I have employed two women in the field, one climber and one ground person, in my short five years as a corporation with employees. I'd take Felicia Millett, Melissa Levangie, Bear Levangie, Marcy Carpenter, Rebecca Siebel-Hunt, Nicolette Eichholt, Alex Julius or Kate (Ladybird) in a heartbeat over a much larger group of male climbers around here.

Way to backpedal saying it was a joke. That's weak. You put it up, stick to your story. This is a public forum. You post a discriminatory help wanted ad, got called out for it by SIX other members before I even chimed in, and what do you do? Start demeaning other members, brag, lie, backpedal, and basically whine like you always do. You know what would be the manly thing to do? Own up to the original post and move on, instead of trying to make your point that there are no qualified women. And do it without insulting anyone. Do it like a man. I started the discussion and called you out here because it's something I feel strongly about. Melissa and Bear have put on an educational tree climbing workshop for women for probably 10 years to help break the barrier that exists in our industry, and I have helped them throughout. I have a lot invested in volunteer work and donations to make it possible. When a post like this comes up, I'm going to say something. Don't make it about you and me and our previous history.

Tom

12. frashdog

frashdog Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to say, women are tragically inferior by current standards and definition of the word. There would be no women's movement or feminists if not. It's not their fault nor something they/we should just accept. This is a mans world, so long run and engineered by. Times, micro in the realm of history, are changing in a few places on our planet faster then others... It's all good. We just hired our third women in our history. She out works most men I've worked with, she is an athlete in need of direction. Women are allowed to think they can do anything, sad reality is another. I'm all about empowering the under powered, with hopes of making a better tomorrow. Let's accept the truth of the matter, maybe joke about it to make light of it. If Riggs was truest joking about it, cool. Other wise, you down for dressing him up like a pretty girl when he passes out?

Levi.CO likes this.
  13. tomthetreeman

I would give $1000 to see any one of you guys vs. Ronda Rousey. Just another girl, right?

Tom

macswan likes this.
  14. frashdog

Any guy versus her? She is superior to all men? I do not know her, just asking.

15. frashdog

So weak, sorry just looked her up. In her realm versus the top men..She is inferior. Could not find any fights with her and some top males, maybe I missed those.

16. frashdog

I do however have a fantasy of fighting a women that would most certainly knock my shit out!

Levi.CO likes this.
  17. tomthetreeman

Your post is contradictory. On one hand, women are 'tragically inferior,' and on the other, you just hired one (another). I like most of your post, but a couple things stand out. 'Women are allowed to think they can do anything' is the second part I take issue with. EVERYONE is allowed that same belief, and it's BS. Political correctness blows. That doesn't mean there aren't a decent number of qualified women out there to do tree work. We're not prizefighters or decathletes, there are many ways to get this job done. Like I said, you make some good points, I'm not trying to start an argument with you.

Tom

18. frashdog

I accept duality into my life to help balance out the contradictions. You are right, everyone is allowed to believe they can be president or an astronaut. Reality is another harsh realm. I don't argue, I lively discuss and or debate opinions while respecting others perceptions. My wife argues, she does not respect me. Maybe in a few thousand years women will start to adapt to our world and start to crush men and their rule on this planet, for now I will help any way I can. How can you help if you don't accept the truth of the matter.

Levi.CO and tomthetreeman like this.
  19. tomthetreeman

The truth is that there are women capable of doing our jobs in arboriculture, but they are denied the opportunity. It's a seriously small number, but it's zero if the door is closed.

Tom

frashdog and Levi.CO like this.
  20. frashdog

Need I say, women clearly have been given some attributes that allow them to maintain their current status in the pool and continually attain gains within that man's world. Men how ever have had to make up for that short coming with might and skills not to be removed from the pool.
    Here we are trying to balance it out...because it is not equal, thus the lively discussion.

tomthetreeman likes this.