Wisconsin Chapter TCC

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Wisconsin Chapter TCC was held last thursday, 7/14, at Pierce Park in Appleton on the banks of the mighty Fox river. The field consisted of 26 male and 4 female competitors. When the dust settled, Jeannette Bowden won the women's crown. Jeannette will also be riding in this year's Tour de Trees. Congratulations Jeannette!

The men's Masters Challenge was contested by Najjar Abdullah, Jr., 2003 Wisconsin Champ Mike Stanonik and Chris Ruch. All three men had good Masters climbs with Chris Ruch narrowly edging out Najjar and Mike. Congratulations to all three.

The Wisconsin chapter has now had a different champion in each of the last 5 years.

Be Good. Greg

Thanks for posting Greg. I wish I'd said hello to you earlier in the day. Not only did you look busy, but I thought for sure you would've have said, 'Hello. Now what was your name again?' It's nice to be remembered.

Ladies and Gentlemen, my post about the Wisconsin TCC failed to mention our friend from south of the border (the Wisconsin/Illinois stateline), Brian Kotwicka. BK came and worked all day on setup, was a tech in the work climb tree, judged the masters and then helped remove the stations from the masters tree. All this for a polo shirt and a bratwurst! BK you numba one!

Be Good.

Zac

J-net finished the program at MSTC and has moved on to the program at Stevens Point to finish her urban forestry degree.

Go Pointers!

Zac

P.S. John, Boone says hi

Norm_Hall

Thanks Greg for posting the results. I was gonna be there, but had some training to do with our VA. office. I'll be there next year.
Glad to see the women competitors are increasing.
Congratulations to Jeannette and Chris. Best of luck in Nashville.
Are you gonna be in Nashville? If not, we always welcome your help at our comp. Sept. 10 in Wood Dale.

[ QUOTE ]
J-net finished the program at MSTC and has moved on to the program at Stevens Point to finish her urban forestry degree.

Go Pointers!

Zac

P.S. John, Boone says hi

[/ QUOTE ]

I wondered how Boon has been doing....
aint seen him since last December, how'd he do?

I met Jeanette last week when I was touring the midstate campus, she was pretty exicted for the TCC.
They produce a hell of a climber from that program obviously.

Zac

Boon had the fastest time in the work climb, and did pretty well overall. I worked with him for a while, he's frickin' fast in a tree!

Mid-State really is a pretty good program, and now they are working with UW-Stevens Point for a few climbing classes and tree biology stuff. With our powers combined....

Zac