Which to choose? Mini Skid Steer

Philtreeman#1

I need some input. I am looking to purchase a new mini. I have been looking at the Bobcat Mt 55 (We have a local dealer and we would be able to rent attachments), Toro Dingo TX 427 (good dealer 128 miles away, probably wont be able to rent attachments) or the Boxer 322D (dealer 277 miles away wont be able to rent attachments)
I am planning on buying the BMG.
What machine is the most turf friendly, best controls etc? Maybe having a local dealer make bobcat the best one for us? What attachments are a must have? Do I have the tracks exchanged right of way for turf tracks or use oem tracks? Pros and cons of each machine? Advice? Thanks

Bucknut

I need some input. I am looking to purchase a new mini. I have been looking at the Bobcat Mt 55 (We have a local dealer and we would be able to rent attachments), Toro Dingo TX 427 (good dealer 128 miles away, probably wont be able to rent attachments) or the Boxer 322D (dealer 277 miles away wont be able to rent attachments)
I am planning on buying the BMG.
What machine is the most turf friendly, best controls etc? Maybe having a local dealer make bobcat the best one for us? What attachments are a must have? Do I have the tracks exchanged right of way for turf tracks or use oem tracks? Pros and cons of each machine? Advice? Thanks
Check out the "Mini skids" thread just below yours. 16 pages of discussion. I'm betting your answer is in there somewhere.

climbhightree

I second the above, and add to it. Do a quick forum search on "mini skid" and you will find a ton of information and videos on mini skids.

Also lot comes down to personal preference and customer service...as far as which brand. I personally chose a Vermeer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

deevo

I second the above, and add to it. Do a quick forum search on "mini skid" and you will find a ton of information and videos on mini skids.

Also lot comes down to personal preference and customer service...as far as which brand. I personally chose a Vermeer.

Yep me too, Vermeer has the best control set up, can't go wrong with any of the others All depends on your budget and likings !

Philtreeman#1

I think I will go with the bobcat Mt55 if it works out. Any pro or cons to this machine? What about tracks? Run the oem ones or have them changed?

frashdog

Not too familiar with that one.
You want a ride on, not a walk behind.
You want rider protection when you back into something.
Iirc the bobcat is the only one that does not have universal mount.

Bucknut

I think I will go with the bobcat Mt55 if it works out. Any pro or cons to this machine? What about tracks? Run the oem ones or have them changed?
Yeah, the bobcat has a proprietary mounting system. You can buy an adapter plate, but bobcat is the only manufacturer whose attachments will not work with anyone else's machine and vice versa.

Last edited:

climbhightree

I've rented a mt55 some, before I bought a mini. I liked the steering of the bobcat, but the tag along platform was weird, and lift high was low. Also the non universal attachment plate.

Philtreeman#1

Thanks for the input. I think I link the looks of the Toro TX1000 the best. However I am leaning towards the bobcat because local dealer and able to rent attachments. If they would give me good deal on the new Mt85 I may go that way. It has joystick ISO drive control and operators platform. However it does not have the capacity of the TX1000. Also I am not sure it will fit sideways on my dump trailer. Kinda frustrating that no one will rent attachments except the bobcat dealer.

flyingsquirrel25

If rental of attachments is a must look around for a rental depo close by that has mini skids. The are normally willing to rent anything they have (I guess that's kinda what they do :)). And that should allow you to look at more machines and get the one that best suits your operation rather than be tied to the one dealer for attachments.

Philtreeman#1

If rental of attachments is a must look around for a rental depo close by that has mini skids. The are normally willing to rent anything they have (I guess that's kinda what they do :)). And that should allow you to look at more machines and get the one that best suits your operation rather than be tied to the one dealer for attachments.
In my area there are only three or maybe four rental companys. Also if just anybody can rent attachments, what if they have contaminated fluid in them. I think I will be very happy with the Mt85.

Philtreeman#1

Yeah, the bobcat has a proprietary mounting system. You can buy an adapter plate, but bobcat is the only manufacturer whose attachments will not work with anyone else's machine and vice versa.
A note to any one who may be interested in buying a BOBCAT. At least on the MT85 they now have the option for a industry standard mount or their Bob tach system.

TreelineNH

A note to any one who may be interested in buying a BOBCAT. At least on the MT85 they now have the option for a industry standard mount or their Bob tach system.

Please post review with pictures. I'm at a toss up between the new mt85, tx1000, and vermeer 7oo series. I tried the tx1000 and it seemed pretty sick. But I wanna try the other two machines before I make a purchase. Also what did u pay. Tx1000 here is about 28k no buckets. I wanna get the vermeer grapple either way.

climbhightree

Please post review with pictures. I'm at a toss up between the new mt85, tx1000, and vermeer 7oo series. I tried the tx1000 and it seemed pretty sick. But I wanna try the other two machines before I make a purchase. Also what did u pay. Tx1000 here is about 28k no buckets. I wanna get the vermeer grapple either way.
Y the vermeer grapple either way? I luv vermeer, but that is one product I don't think I'd buy...and yes I've tried the non rotary version prior to buying a BMG.

Why I chose the BMG

Plus the rake for snow and ruff raking...though mostly snow. I just feel the BMG is more versatile

Last edited:

Philtreeman#1

I'm getting the MT85 with the wide track option for a
little under 28k + also getting a so called first time buyer's discount of 2.6k off of machine and attachments. Machine is supposed to arrive around April11
:sisi:

Last edited:

Jasonk

Just an FYI on the Bobcats, we have a local bobcat dealer who is great. We have a great relationship and have for a great length of time. We had an mt 52 and a ditch witch. The 52 had to be replaced and we just got another dw. Even with the new mt85, they didn't increase the reverse speed ( which is slow). Anyone who runs a grapple on their mini knows how much time in reverse is spent. Huge deal breaker!

Philtreeman#1

Just an FYI on the Bobcats, we have a local bobcat dealer who is great. We have a great relationship and have for a great length of time. We had an mt 52 and a ditch witch. The 52 had to be replaced and we just got another dw. Even with the new mt85, they didn't increase the reverse speed ( which is slow). Anyone who runs a grapple on their mini knows how much time in reverse is spent. Huge deal breaker!
Hmm Valid point. Just looked at the specs; operating speed MT85=2.4 MPH in Rev, MT55=1.4MPH in Rev. TX -1000=doesn't say TX 525=2MPH SK850=4.7 forward & reverse S725TX= doesn't say. I can see why you like your DWs!