When you see the Petzl Chicane

My God, I watched that on my work phone.
If that link lasts more than a day without moderator action, I’ll know things have really changed around here

hseII

This is the newest. Also making them without a swivel. Guess they had to start making them different so they could rip off the wrench. I know I’ve bashed petzl for a while now, but this seals is. Going elsewhere with my gear fund from here on out
Ripping off the wrench is debatable.

I saw on YouTube a while back someone was using the wrench in place of that mess & I think Petzel saw an opportunity to cash in on those that like to keep their manufacturers the same for an Item, & not mix & match.

That’s a “thing” with some construction companies.

As I’ve got both a zigzag & a Rope Wrench, I won’t be buying this but do want to try using them together.

Burrapeg

. . . As I’ve got both a zigzag & a Rope Wrench, I won’t be buying this but do want to try using them together.
Works great with SRS. Very smooth on descent and advances effortlessly. (My own RW is home brew but works exactly the same with the ZigZag). I fall back on my BDB if I need midline attachable but otherwise the RW/ZZ combo is my absolute favourite set up. I have two sets now and sometimes alternate them on both ends of my climbing rope when advancing the TIP.

evo

Ripping off the wrench is debatable.

I saw on YouTube a while back someone was using the wrench in place of that mess & I think Petzel saw an opportunity to cash in on those that like to keep their manufacturers the same for an Item, & not mix & match.

That’s a “thing” with some construction companies.

As I’ve got both a zigzag & a Rope Wrench, I won’t be buying this but do want to try using them together.
Ok debate it!? Would you kiss a pig wearing lipstick? Still a pig! (Rope wrench is not a pig)

hseII

Ok debate it!? Would you kiss a pig wearing lipstick? Still a pig! (Rope wrench is not a pig)
I don’t care to: I’ve got a Wrench, ex-wenches, etc..

Yes the Petzl is fugly, but we ain’t buying them.

Can you share a picture of
Your setup?

I find it an excellent choice of variety to the climbing market and I'm very glad to have another. So many things I look at aren't even available for public consumption yet.

I'm sure Petzl respected the patents on the rope wrench, right? Then there is no foul.