Whats the strangest thing you have found in a tree

Zac

Re: Whats the strangest thing you have found in a

I found a glass slider for a bong once, in the first crotch of a willow

For me - Musket balls in old elms coming down in the early 70's in Mamaroneck NY. By the ring counts some from civil war era. Lots of battles in the area.

As a kid I used to play with my plastic army guys in trees that we climbed. We left them in for a long time and one was sucked into a branch. LAter in life I found a whole troop way up in a topped fir in Olympia...kids can be fearless climbers!

I like to retire my climbing boots in a tree. Did this with one of my very first pairs in a huge hemlock on property that I rented in Olympia...I passed the cabin on to a friend who still lives there. About 20 years later he came to a party in Seattle with my boots! The tree had died and the tree climber that pieced it down was really blown away when he found my boots screwed to a big branch! They looked really cool with moss growing on them.

A 40 year old homeowner holding a small igloo cooler with is wifes bird in it. He was about 60' up in a Sycamore, used nylon rope and clothes line to get up there but realized he did not know how to get down. After an hour of trying to figure it out he screamed to his nieghbor for help, who in return call us, the Fire department. What a dope! The bird survived the ordeal by the way.

All these stories, makes we want to start leaving things in the trees so you all have something to find.

thanks sharing

Just remembered a bad memory that I tried to forget.

Back in August we had a bad wind storm that knocked a ton of trees out. We were working on an uprooted silver maple if my mind serves me right. Went into the yard and saw a 20 foot trampoline stuck in the tips. Came to find out later that it was from 5 houses down..... that was strange.

great thread bought back a few memories. found a cicular saw blade about 30 ft up once, a screach owl, barn owl, rabid raccoon, and pruned the liberty oak in princeton nj years ago a found a musket ball.

Back in my days of line clearance I was up in a cotton wood and found a fried squirrel that didnt quite make it from the wire to the tree with out touching both at the same time. It was pretty strange the outside of it was in pretty much perfect condition (well minus the eyes) but it was completely hollow....

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning

I've found some strangers in trees...
Met some friends in trees...
Found myself watching a sunset, moonrise, moonset and sunrise from a tree one night

Oh, this hubcap was in a tree that Jim and I pruned last weekend.

Attachments

Not exceptionally strange, but we found a friction saver in a clients tree once. Pulled it out while we where pruning and go figure... it was from one of our crew memebers, supposedly from about 5 years earlier when we had pruned it previously.

panties, a leather jacket, 6 pair of sneakers, and a dirty [bad word] diaper all in the same tree located at the "Martin Luther King Jr. Housing projects" NY, NY