What kinda tree is this in SE PA

pajeepman

Seen before but can not remember what it is. Truck hit 1 lead last week and moved it pretty good. Probably gonna take the whole thing down.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

oldoakman

Hackberry it is. Makes OK firewood. Had some once that seemed to have a lot of copper in it. Wood stained green and flames in the stove were green, orange red and blue. Real pretty burning.

Jem4417

Hackberry. They can get pretty large around here. My friend and I rec climb in a giant one in Rieglesville PA up north. Where about are you in PA

pajeepman

The lead over the road was and has been hit in the past by trucks driving down the shoulder instead of in the driving lane where they should be. It moved a good 4 plus inches away from the other 2 leads. Pretty sure it would have moved more but a lead hit the pole with 2 transformers hanging on it. Appears to have been movement between a 3 leads. I thought about cabling each lead to the other 2. Trying to sell him on that idea.

pajeepman

I am in the Norristown area and work in Phoenixville(not in the tree industry anymore but we do firewood and my job still and spent days dropping trees last fall on a property for my boss, all went right where I wanted but 2 that I listened to somebody else about and 1 that had a snowballs chance of hell going where I wanted it to go. None matter as there was nothing to hit. I learned that yes, I SHOULD listen to me and not somebody else with less experience even if they sign my check, and splitting firewood to sell with a big box style splitter sucks BIG TIME after using a TImberwolf TW- and TW-6 with a conveyor belt for 10 years.

pajeepman

Well, they rightmost lead in the last picture fell down from the heavy snow last week. The root system was completely rotten on that lead. Not sure what the future hold for the rest. Its split into firewood for next year already.

pajeepman

When space is at a premium sometimes you can't help things. Being three feet from a busy doesn't help especially when trucks hit the one lead on occasion when the drivers aren't paying attention and are driving in the shoulder