Wesspur Samson 40% Off Sale

Discussion in 'The Splice Rack' started by Ragnar, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

Saw the sale add on Youtube last night and waited until this morning to place my order. Odd, I did not get an email about it.

Which one of you bought all of the Predator?

May or may not have 5x120' headed my way. Going to try my hand at 16 strand splicing.

NE Tree and Brocky like this.
  2. evo

evo Well-Known Member

What!!! Just bought 200' of amsteel... not sure why yet.

3. FreeFallin

FreeFallin Well-Known Member

Samson Hawkeye is sweet stuff, I like the feel of 12mm and the jacket is tough. I'm using it for an adjustable rope bridge. Besides it just looks cool :rock:

4. Treezybreez

Treezybreez Well-Known Member

Say goodbye to the skin on your palms. 16 strand is a tough one.

5. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

Predator is back. All of the AmSteel is out. Last chance is noon PST today.

6. Jehinten

Jehinten Active Member

I've been wanting to try vortex with my hitchhiker for quite a while due to recommendation on this site. Thanks to treebuzz I found out about this sale and should have a new rope here on Friday.

TimBr and hseII like this.
  7. evo

evo Well-Known Member

They honor out of stock FYI

TimBr and Brocky like this.
  8. southsoundtree

southsoundtree Well-Known Member

The code didn't work today????

9. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

Looks like it is working now.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  10. TimBr

TimBr Well-Known Member

Thanks for this piece of information, evo. Nice to know for future reference. As long as one is patient, you can get in on the best deals, and get exactly what it is that you want, not just what is left of the stock on hand. That is a big deal, because huge discounts can create demand that is able to quickly run a merchant out of stock.

This is to Wesspur's credit. The one hangup I have experienced with Wesspur was alluded to by Sean, which is that of having a discount code expire before you thought it should, based on their ads. I once was going to go back to try to order a new version Rope Wrench during a time period that I thought was included in their ads, but when I got to the website, all mention of the discount had disappeared.

The lesson observed for me is that if I see some kind of discount advertised at Wesspur, I need to jump on it and buy everything I think I might want from it, before it is no more. I swear they used two different dates for the promotion between an e-mail and an on-site ad, but I did not save copies of these items as proof.

In conclusion, I did end up buying stuff from them during one promotion, and was very happy with the quality of the goods and the service. I just missed out on a second one because I waited until what I thought was the last day of the second promotion to try to buy stuff, and the sale appeared to have gone away in the meantime.

Tim