Water line-clearing

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
I brought in an expert wet-land felling guy from Canada for this job. We call him "The Great Canadian Beaver" because of his unique felling style. Here's a shot of his cut.

Attachments

treebear

Hey
Good to see we´re not alone doing waterfelling. Cool outfit, does it come with chainsawproof snowshoes aswell for better floatation? (The same Canadian guy is working here too)
Svein
www.hogstogrydding.no

If you got away with chest waders it couldn't have been too bad. I've been in some where chest waders weren't high enough. Add cottonmouths and murky smelly water and I wonder if I should have chose an office job. I'll take the mountains over the swamps anyday.

Mike

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Mike,

This one was easy. There were some spots that were too deep, but we just would fell a tree towards where we had to go and walk on it. There's one part of this same line that we have to do that is way worse. It's about 20 miles South of where this swamp was and we will need a boat to get to the trimming area. /forum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forum/images/graemlins/drowninga.gif

jerseywild

[ QUOTE ]
They're so tough, people have died trying!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you kidding that was your lunch! /forum/images/graemlins/smilie_barf.gif

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
That's a bad lil baby there Kev. Tracs and all eh? Have you ever gotten it stuck in mud or a stream?

I was in another swamp today. Saw some neat stuff. I'll try to get the pics together over the next day or two.