Twin bridges on treemo

LordFarkwad

The red stitch is to keep the core from slipping out of the rope jacket. If the core were to slip the knot would have no holding power.
I don't mean the heavy zig zag stitch at the very end; the thing I'm talking about is the single/doubled thread across the knot itself. It's just one or two threads, if my memory serves me correctly (without having it in front of me). It isn't a load-bearing type of stitch, but I was wondering about the exact purpose of it.

I hear you on JCC. I have pretty thick skin, but will also give it out. I will accept that Mr. Charisma's intent was possibly good (but intent ain't everything). Most of my response posts were to correct factual errors.

evo

From what I have read so far since Brocky's warning, amarids are more brittle when bent at a sharp angle than poly. Yes there have been some failures. That's enough for me. I will switch to a poly or poly/nylon.
I can't imagine 24 inches of bridge rope is going to give you anything in the way of cushion in a fall situation. Samson velocity for example. 6000lb tensile, 3.2% stretch at 20% load. 200 lbs with gear climber falls 5 feet and creates 1000 lbs of force, a little less than 20% but let's go with the 3.2%. 24 inches of bridge stretches .7 inches. Now say you are climbing on that rope, and you are 10 feet below your canopy tie. That will stretch 3.5 inches. Multiply on up for rope in srt system. So, much more cushion from your choice of climbing line.
Personally I don't have much of a issue with Ice Tail in concept, its there infront of your face. However its not very hard wearing.. Its when it's in a core, or has some short of cover on it, you can't inspect in the least. Saying all of this, there are MANY better choices and options out there.

Mowerr

From what I have read so far since Brocky's warning, amarids are more brittle when bent at a sharp angle than poly. Yes there have been some failures. That's enough for me. I will switch to a poly or poly/nylon.
I can't imagine 24 inches of bridge rope is going to give you anything in the way of cushion in a fall situation. Samson velocity for example. 6000lb tensile, 3.2% stretch at 20% load. 200 lbs with gear climber falls 5 feet and creates 1000 lbs of force, a little less than 20% but let's go with the 3.2%. 24 inches of bridge stretches .7 inches. Now say you are climbing on that rope, and you are 10 feet below your canopy tie. That will stretch 3.5 inches. Multiply on up for rope in srt system. So, much more cushion from your choice of climbing line.
I agree but my point is that you shouldn't bother going with the strongest stiffest stuff when you don't need it that strong.point being you need to choose what characteristics you want from your bridge. Use a dynamic rock rope or bungee cord if you want it to really stretch out when you fall.

samwise930

I just run a second TreeMo bridge with fisherman's on the lower Ds... with a little slack taken out of the original to equalize the two.
View attachment 57433
Plenty of space for lanyard carabiners in the lower Ds with the bridge there as well.
Here I am, scrolling through these dudes discussing knots, and I find your post suggesting exactly what I was thinking. I lol'd

Mowerr

Yea I just tied on a piece of 10mm super static onto the lower D's with dbl fisherman's and there's soo much room left it doesn't bother me at all.
Sometimes I felt it a little cluttered with thicker cordage but 10mm is great.