Twin bridges on treemo

evo

I have seen a few good guys on here use the anchor for a life support stopper on their bridges but I'm not doing that. The main question is, what is a practical termination for a double bridge much like weaver did on their double bridge saddle, a girth on one end and then they used a stopper knot because they use paw rig plates. Difference is I'm terminated on a d ring. So what do you guys think is the best way to terminate?
the girthed bridge cannot be considered a bridge with a backup. If either failed the girth would fail, and I wouldn't want to load them independently. Anchor hitches are just fine, but take up precious room on the lower dees, while a scaffold takes less room you get less useable bridge lenght.. Trade offs

Mowerr

the girthed bridge cannot be considered a bridge with a backup. If either failed the girth would fail, and I wouldn't want to load them independently. Anchor hitches are just fine, but take up precious room on the lower dees, while a scaffold takes less room you get less useable bridge lenght.. Trade offs
How do u tie a double anchor hitch and still have room to use the d ring

TallTreeClimber

I have seen a few good guys on here use the anchor for a life support stopper on their bridges but I'm not doing that. The main question is, what is a practical termination for a double bridge much like weaver did on their double bridge saddle, a girth on one end and then they used a stopper knot because they use paw rig plates. Difference is I'm terminated on a d ring. So what do you guys think is the best way to terminate?

Personally I can think of no better way than a poachers noose (double scaffold).

Reactions: evo

Mowerr

Ya I can't really think of anything better too. Just thought someone else on here may have tried this config and had a better way.

Mowerr

It is understood but my point is that I have 2 ends of rope to terminate one 1 d ring. So how do I anchor bend that??

evo

It is understood but my point is that I have 2 ends of rope to terminate one 1 d ring. So how do I anchor bend that??
only use one end per side, drop the girth hitch idea.. you can tie one anchor bend with two ends or two ropes but it would be a BFK

Mowerr

I hear ya evo and tall guy, id be just fine with a single rope from d to d. Just putting my questions out there to see if anyone figured out or just knew a good/better way to terminate

RyTheTreeGuy

I see no advantage to a girth hitch. Are we still talking about a tree mo? 1 bridge with stoppers, second bridge with fisherman, poachers, anchor etc. On seperate rope terminating to each lower D. The girth hitch seems like redundancy, but really is not. As stated earlier, I believe by Evo, if one lag of rope was compromised the girth hitch would not be secure and your system would fail. 2 ropes, 4 terminations for proper redundancy.

Reactions: evo

TallTreeClimber

Yes we are but I don't think that works well if I want to lanyard to that d ring with 2 anchor hitches taking up mad space
I don't feel like it's a secure hitch for a bridge that will be used and the put up repeatedly. I use it with stopper knots on a few climbing ropes terminated to rings, but the big advantage of an anchor hitch is that it can be very easily undone after weighting. It could be loosened while in a bag and then you'd not know it.

It has it's place, but on a bridge, I don't feel is one of those places.

RyTheTreeGuy

I don't feel like it's a secure hitch for a bridge that will be used and the put up repeatedly. I use it with stopper knots on a few climbing ropes terminated to rings, but the big advantage of an anchor hitch is that it can be very easily undone after weighting. It could be loosened while in a bag and then you'd not know it.

It has it's place, but on a bridge, I don't feel is one of those places.
To each his own...I personally always inspect my gear before use and confirm my hitches and knots are secured before climbing. I understand that caution is always a good rule to climb by, but personally have never had any issues. I use to use it for a termination on my closed MRS system as well as the hitch climber pulley system. Does not interfere with the hitch cord. Still use it for double crotching the tail...good hitch to know and use

Mowerr

I see no advantage to a girth hitch. Are we still talking about a tree mo? 1 bridge with stoppers, second bridge with fisherman, poachers, anchor etc. On seperate rope terminating to each lower D. The girth hitch seems like redundancy, but really is not. As stated earlier, I believe by Evo, if one lag of rope was compromised the girth hitch would not be secure and your system would fail. 2 ropes, 4 terminations for proper redundancy.
Agai, as I stated before also... I'm not splitting the bridge that has a girth. One ring on that bridge. 2 bridges is plenty of redundancy. And yes I agree with just about everything we all said. The challenge i presented to the buzz was how to terminate a twin bridge on my saddle in a practical manner. Its all good guys. I appreciate all of your time. Just making sure I'm not overlooking anything. I was mearly just trying out a twin bridge like weaver does. I hate weaver. I'm sure I'm gonna go right back so a single rope with scaffolds. Thank you for your time men

evo

Agai, as I stated before also... I'm not splitting the bridge that has a girth. One ring on that bridge. 2 bridges is plenty of redundancy. And yes I agree with just about everything we all said. The challenge i presented to the buzz was how to terminate a twin bridge on my saddle in a practical manner. Its all good guys. I appreciate all of your time. Just making sure I'm not overlooking anything. I was mearly just trying out a twin bridge like weaver does. I hate weaver. I'm sure I'm gonna go right back so a single rope with scaffolds. Thank you for your time men
Now buy me a beer

Mowerr

Now buy me a beer
Sure but all I got is cash and I can't get the phone to accept it. The single rope with scaffolds was how I had the 2nd bridge before trying this twin idea. Boredom brought me to trying new configss and a rethinking of all my gear while having the time to inspect it. I really don't mess with my bridges much and haven't in a long time.

evo

You're calling that a 3-wrap scaffold knot? Are you sure it's not a 3-wrap barrel knot? Can't tell from the photo but I hope the cord doesn't follow the path highlighted in yellow.
Would this be a stevidor knot in a slip knot configuration? I doubt the tail follows the path, but this is a often forgotten rule. Keep it simple and easily identifiable that it’s tied correctly