Twin bridges on treemo

Mowerr

Does anyone run 1 ring on 2 rope bridges on their treemo? I've heard a little about it and thought about trying it and wanted to know what you guys thought was the strongest way to connect a double rope to the lower d's on a tree motion.

John@TreeXP

Does anyone run 1 ring on 2 rope bridges on their treemo? I've heard a little about it and thought about trying it and wanted to know what you guys thought was the strongest way to connect a double rope to the lower d's on a tree motion.
I'm presently using a two rope TM bridge. The 2nd rope is tied to the lower d-rings using scaffold hitches, as shown by Kevin Bingham in a recent Tree Stuff SRT training video. I can run both ropes through my primary DMM swivel, or through just one rope, leaving the other for a 2nd climbing system, lanyard connection, or whatever. I like having added connection points, but I'm not sure my scaffolding knots meet the 22kN baseline for safety if solely used on its own, but as a backup rope bridge it offers added security.

Kevin explains the two rope bridge at around 1:23.45

Last edited:

Bob Bob

daigentanoen on youtube has been using 2 bridges running through 1 large swivel. It looks like he is using a different method to attach the 2nd bridge to the d's. You can see his set-up in the video below...I'm not recommending this method, just presenting an option...

John@TreeXP

It's a three wrap scaffold, rather than the usual two. I just had enough cord to make the extra wrap. Probably safer that way too. It's also known as a Fisherman's knot.

Last edited:

TallTreeClimber

It's a three wrap scaffold, rather than the usual two. I just had enough cord to make the extra wrap. Probably safer that way too. It's also known as a Fisherman's knot.
I know the two or the three wrap or the fishermans loop. Those do not look like that to me. I see an errant line wrapping the wraps from the outside. Is that just a trick on my eyes?

Screenshot_20190211-170404_Chrome.jpg

evo

I know the two or the three wrap or the fishermans loop. Those do not look like that to me. I see an errant line wrapping the wraps from the outside. Is that just a trick on my eyes?
That is not a Scaffold, Grapevine, or double/triple fisherman's knot. It's a triple anchor hitch tied on the working end, vrs the rings themselves.
I am not sure if it has a different name in this configuration, or even if it's safe. I do know that I would NOT want to hang from it, even as a backup.
@John@TreeXP , who taught you this knot in this configuration? and as long as we are splitting hairs the tail of the treemotion bridge is tied wrong.

https://www.animatedknots.com/poachers/index.php

Last edited:

TallTreeClimber

It does not bode well that you don't understand how to tie a fisherman, or a scaffold knot, or that you are calling the knots that you do tie by a wrong name completely.

I would seriously audit your knot knowledge before you make a grave mistake. Use online resources or buy a book. I knew nearly nothing about knots until I decided that I was going to learn all about them and bought several books and studied for months on end. Tie and re-tie and study.

I agree with Evo on the worrisome security of what you have tied.

TallTreeClimber

The three wrap or two wrap anchor hitch should not be used in that manner imo. A stopper knot would afford more security, but the anchor knot is not a stopper knot as you are using it on the green rope.

This is a triple scaffold:
1549928007239286514514599445888.jpg

The scaffold knot cinches. It should not ever be used as a stopper knot because it would collapse without an arbor to cinch down on. The double overhand would be a secure knot to use as a stopper. A triple overhand would be good also.

Last edited:

evo

On the TM bridge it's a undressed but set double overhand.. It's the white which has me concerned... Bail out or the other hitch cord that looks like it, which is a very poor choice of cordage in this configuration.

Mowerr

I got globe 3000 stock in the holes of my d's. Then I girth hitched one side of another hank of velocity to one of the d's and I'm mainly concerned with everyone's thoughts on how to terminate the bitter ends on the other lower d....what would be the strongest/safest way to terminate it that would be practical

evo

I'd just do scaffold knots on each dee, what's up with the girth? going for three bridges?

Mowerr

Mind you I know there's better bridge configs but with work being slow this time of the year...I am just trying new things out

Mowerr

I agree whenever I tried a 2nd bridge I did scaffolds and found them to be bulky so I thought id try a twin bridge. So what I have now is one side girthed and did what might be called a double scaffold to terminate the bitter ends on the other d....I know pics always help but its not that big a deal. Just thought id ask how guys would terminate a twin bridge in this app

RyTheTreeGuy

The anchor hitch is a fantastic termination in my opinion. It is used on MCRS and is a cinching hitch much like a double fisherman, scaffold, buntline etc. Regardless of how hard I have loaded it, I have never had a problem breaking it. I agree that it should not be used as a stopper knot and is designed to be wrapped around an object. However, it is a great choice for introducing adjustability in your second bridge. I like 1 fisherman termination and 1 anchor hitch. Also my attatchment method of choice for my throw weight

Mowerr

I have seen a few good guys on here use the anchor for a life support stopper on their bridges but I'm not doing that. The main question is, what is a practical termination for a double bridge much like weaver did on their double bridge saddle, a girth on one end and then they used a stopper knot because they use paw rig plates. Difference is I'm terminated on a d ring. So what do you guys think is the best way to terminate?