Trunk Injection System

marlinspiker

I am looking into investing in a trunk injection system. Right now I am leaning heavily towards the Arborjet product. Any opinions?

NickfromWI

What do you use currently? I had the same anticipation, but then started using Tree Tech microinjection stuff and I've been really happy with it. I was drawn by the meager upfront investment.

http://www.treetech.net/

love
nick

treegazer

If you go with Arborjet stick with the Tree IV system. The Quick Jet is only good for very low dosages, otherwise you will wear yourself out & wind up forcing chemical into the tree which results in tissue damage around the injection site.
Mauget also has little to no equipment investment. All you need is a drill and mallet. Of course you need PPE no matter what system you go with.

macrocarpa

Arborjet treatments for EAB would be the reason I end up buying that system. I've used tree tech and mauget here and there. The advatage to the arborjet would be time spent waiting for uptake.

I need to compare costs more, but I have got very frustrated with slow uptake from treetech and mauget (but when it does uptake fast its great)

Tree-age is really expensive, they say 1 liter $559 will treat 33 trees at 10in dbh. But it has 2 year residual and is more effective than the other EAB options.

I'm still considering options. Hope others chime in

macrocarpa

azasol can be soil drenched too. i recently used it as a foliar spray for bagworms. hope it works good.

but ya, for eab, i wanna offer the best option too and i think the 2 year residual is huge and a good selling point. Especially for big clients like a campus/city etc.

marlinspiker

Do you have any pointers for soil drenching. Ive never done it before and could use whatever advice and expertise you could offer.

macrocarpa

I guess it is technically a soil injection with this, but mostly I have just injected close to the trunk, similar effect as a drench.

Advantage is if you have multiple trees to treat you can set this calibrator and go to town quick! Also, no need to get down and dig and risk digging up/injuring roots etc. Nice tool to have when treating things like hemlocks, where there are a handfull to dozens of trees to treat at one time.

familytree

Great thread. I'm lovin the soil injection set up.

I hope this thread keeps growing. I've been interested in the injection systems for awhile now. We sub out all of our spray and fert work due to a lack of education within the company (anyone that can steer me in the right direction for a better fert and pest education would be greatly appreciated)

The guy we use now only does systemic solutions. Literally splashes and sprays all of his concoctions within the drip line. It's worked so far, and I don't know enough to question his methods directly but it just seems like it wouldn't be the greatest method to treat all diseases and issues and the leaching problem has always bothered me

marlinspiker

well i now have the Arborjet system and just did my first job with it. I must say i love how it works. The ease of use and expandability of the product line are great. Adding a few more IV units will help make big jobs go super fast. Two thumbs up!

macrocarpa

[ QUOTE ]
well i now have the Arborjet system and just did my first job with it. I must say i love how it works. The ease of use and expandability of the product line are great. Adding a few more IV units will help make big jobs go super fast. Two thumbs up!

[/ QUOTE ]

pm sent

marlinspiker

you will get 100 times the coverage with azasol as one teaspoon makes 1/2 gallon of product. One liter of treeazin costs nearly 600 bucks.

The active ingredient is the same although i've never compared concentrations and dose rates vs. cost. Treeazin is very expensive but they right now have a monopoly on EAB treatment in Canada. Their injection system is super slick. Also expensive. No plugs that stay in the tree and precisely metered doses.

The two year coverage is for EAB only i think (or other buprestids). There is a longer term effect on egg viability in the tree.

v

Bryan Gilles

I have a very large system of wedgle I am looking to sell. I have over 300 of the needles in all sizes, 2 injection systems, 2 high volume kits. Everything is cleaned and in working order. Contact me if you are interested.

Vinnie Punches

I have a very large system of wedgle I am looking to sell. I have over 300 of the needles in all sizes, 2 injection systems, 2 high volume kits. Everything is cleaned and in working order. Contact me if you are interested.
How much,what material you have how old is wedgel? Where located.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk