TreeStuff and SherrillTree Join Forces

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TreeStuff, Jul 1, 2016.

1. joezilla11

joezilla11 Active Member

I had a politely written negative review on there and it was removed. Just sayin...

2. RopeShield

RopeShield Well-Known Member

Not just reviews, ask the wrong questions and never see it answered.

oldoakman likes this.
  3. chizmin

chizmin Member

Without trying to make this too much of a witch hunt, I have also written a very polite negative review of a product and it was never posted. This was months ago. I'm just simply not happy with treestuff lately. I'm not trying to question the integrity of individual people at the company in any way (I do not know any of them personally). However, the way the business is being conducted is sub par in my opinion.

4. FreeFallin

FreeFallin Well-Known Member

I'll see your decency bar and raise you, better stop while you're a head...
    9c089df.jpg

JD3000 likes this.
  5. macswan

macswan Well-Known Member

See, this is why the amazing customer service from the before times was problematic. It seems like it was unsustainable, which is what I always thought. Too good to be true.

Now their customer service is, in reality, on par with most companies (in any industry) I deal with. It only seems lacking because of the comparison.

JontreeHI likes this.
  6. marlinspiker

marlinspiker Well-Known Member

I only ask questions to the experts. Like when I asked the dead hooker capacity of the Nargear bags. That was recently removed for some reason.

jmaher, Jman, JeffGu and 1 other person like this.
  7. JD3000

JD3000 Well-Known Member

2 1/4 with some well place cuts and arranging. They offer a wide array of excellent cutting tools.

jmaher and marlinspiker like this.
  8. TreeCo

TreeCo Well-Known Member

I recently got an order from TreeStuff and am a little worried. The free hat is of the adjustable type and was adjusted perfectly to fit my head. Now I'm concerned the crew is monitoring my internet activity.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  9. evo

evo Well-Known Member

@bonner1040 @TreeStuff
    I’m out... ordered some rings and tenex for a job.. rings came but apparently the tenex is being drop shipped. Website still says in stock, no notification of it on my order. Very small box on my front door, and my heart sank. So now I’m left with waiting for the tenex to make the tools I need, or buying a second set from a reliable company. When is it going to be delivered? Today? Friday? It was supposed to be here last week.
    I can drive an hour up the road and get all the tenex I want, or order it and have it on my door in 24hrs. Hell I can drive to Sampson and go swimming in the shit. But instead I tried to choose for one stop shopping, surely tenex would be in stock...
    I understand being busy, but your crew needs to get the inventory issue under control. If I need something and it says it’s out of stock I will get it elsewhere or if not needed ASAP I will wait. However we rely on your inventory management, because we can’t pull something off the shelf or see that it’s not available. Selling shit you don’t have when you say you have it is pretty shitty business. I have had this elsewhere and I get a email or phone call letting me know. I get to decide what to do. After all it’s still my money until the product is in my hands.
    I use to shop at treestuff for the prices, and selection. Now I will only do so for the few specifics I cannot get anywhere else.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    jmaher and JontreeHI like this.
  10. NE Tree

NE Tree Well-Known Member

. happened to me also. Got 2/6 items ordered (which were all in stock). Tenex and prism were drop shipped from sherrill like 4 days later. Still haven't heard about the large rings that I later got an email are now on backorder

11. FreeFallin

There are obviously some procedural, supply chain, and customer communication issues that need to be resolved if the company is going to stay viable. That being said, and with all the valid complaints on this and the other thread, Tree Stuff is still functioning and most customers are probably not getting their orders screwed up everytime.
    I ordered a Captain on black friday, it shipped fast, arrived on time and came with a really crappy free hat, and a surprise pair of even crappier free gloves (no stickers :() so it wasn't the old warm fuzzy package that used to come, but I got what I paid for, when I expected it, and I'm OK with that.

My point is the company is not screwing over everyone, but obviously has some problems to fix and a major perception problem to overcome once the fixes are in place. I for one hope they listen, and fix it. Like everyone above, I will be a lot more cautious with my dollars until then.

12. colb

colb Well-Known Member

I ordered backordered cabling wire stops from Treestuff. Just called to check in about them. I spent 10 minutes listening to music, then ended my call.

13. Steve Connally

Steve Connally Well-Known Member

Ahh but back to my point pages ago. Nobody is listening! It's just us being jerks. Cycles to failure in a retail scenario.

NE Tree and FreeFallin like this.
  14. FreeFallin

Agreed, and that part I don't understand. Even if we were to assume the worst and greediest motives to the people at the top of the company (which I personally don't) then it would make even less sense. So I have to assume that either the business processes are so gummed up that no one can find fixes, or there are people at some level that are apathetic to fixing things and are in the way of the changes that need to happen. No way to tell from the outside, and would be very frustrating to be going through this from inside, I don't see anyone winning in the current path.

JeffGu likes this.
  15. Steve Connally

I base my assessment on several comments made by the voice of TS and the lack of being able to take constructive criticism. It's interesting because I have even been called the biggest whiner on here because of my viewpoint on this situation. (not by anyone at TS or ST) Luke created such a passionate enthusiastic community of customers, unless you weren't there to watch the transformation from nothing to what it was and now what it is, how can you judge anyones passionate disappointment? I also can't get over the zingers thrown between people on here about their viewpoints. If you don't like whats being said on this thread or by someone, don't read it or ignore them. This entire process has created an imbalance in the force. It's really sad to be completely honest.

TimBr, JeffGu, treehumper and 3 others like this.
  16. Pelorus

Pelorus Well-Known Member

I'd prefer music over a soothing recorded voice saying "your call is important to us, please stay on the line for the next available representative". Worse is something similar that starts off with "due to unexpected call volumes..." doesn't matter what time or day you call, the message is the same.

Be interesting to see an informal poll here listing several different suppliers, vs. their reliablity. Anybody had a TreeStuff order (or multiple orders) NOT screwed up in some way in the last year or two?
    Has mediocrity become an acceptable norm?

FreeFallin likes this.
  17. TimBr

TimBr Well-Known Member

Aha! So you're the guy that got MY Captain Hook! Just kidding of course, but I am still waiting on mine, which is on backorder. I can't remember now if it was showing up as "in stock" at the time I ordered it, or not. I need to start taking screenshots of my computer monitor just before placing my orders, as well as after, just so I can refer back to them when there are issues. I did get the rest of the few items I ordered over the "Black Friday" promotional weekend within a reasonable amount of time. I do need to check to see whether or not TreeStuff already charged my credit card for something not yet shipped. That happened to someone else I know once, and they were not happy about it. The card should not get charged until an item actually gets shipped to the customer.

I would really like to know the numbers on how many employees TreeStuff had at its brick and morter store prior to the merger, and how many they have at that location now. It seems like they might be under a great deal of pressure to get the same amount of work done with fewer employees than before. Possibly many fewer. Which might explain how a lot of stuff seems to be falling through the cracks, and folks that work there are becoming irritated by the complaints. Maybe just stessed out from too much to do and not enough help doing it. I'm starting to feel bad for those that remain, honestly.

I've been to some fast food restaurants where the employees are just maxed out and act as though they wish the customers would go away and stop bothering them. It's when multiple things are going wrong at the place, and there are more customers demanding services than the employees and the leadership can comfortably handle. They seem agitated and snap at people or just with body language or facial expression indicate hostility. At times like that I feel like relieving some of the pressure on them, and start thinking about other sources for the same services where the employees have seemed happy and well paid, and eager to help the customer.

I know Nick is trying to fight the good fight, but he's only human. If Sherrill is really cutting back drastically on his help, I can see why he'd start to feel ticked off all the time. If he really does want to see TreeStuff continue, he needs to open his mind up and listen to what guys like @Steve Connally are saying, and count to ten and cool off before answering. I understand how hard it can be to listen to criticism, but the only reason people bother to give it is because they still care. The people who vote with their feet without saying a word are the one's you really have to worry about, if you want to keep a business going. Guys like Steve are the best friends you've got.

Tim

18. Steve Connally

I appreciate the recognition Tim but I'm not going to move the market with my single expense influence. I do consider what you said as a compliment though. Thank you.

TimBr likes this.
  19. TimBr

TimBr Well-Known Member

@Steve Connally; Hey, Steve! You are welcome! I am right in thinking that SherrillTree has an advertised "Lifetime warrantee" on their Notch rope bags, aren't I? How do you feel about that? Gonna jump on that deal ASAP, or what?

Tim

Tim

20. FreeFallin

That explains why it arrived with "Property of Tim" engraved on it :ROFLMAO:

Steve - you're a tree climbing, fire fighting, eagle saving, mech warrior, nice guy, rock star. Your influence goes far beyond your purchase power, hope you know that.

TimBr likes this.