Treebuzz Down!!

TimBr

@VenasNursery; OK, that is scary. One member here almost lost a crane due to an unmarked old septic container, if I recall correctly. It is a moral hazard thing. The person with the greatest incentive to not hit something underground is the person who could be killed by operating a piece of equipment. The folks trying to lay out the locations of the underground utilities are doing the best job they probably can, but they are not the ones who will die if it turns out they are wrong.

For that reason, the subject of small, portable ground penetrating radar units came up in that previous thread. Expensive, but it only has to keep you from hitting something dangerous one time in order to pay for itself.

Thanks for giving your perspective on things.

Tim

@VenasNursery; OK, that is scary. One member here almost lost a crane due to an unmarked old septic container, if I recall correctly. It is a moral hazard thing. The person with the greatest incentive to not hit something underground is the person who could be killed by operating a piece of equipment. The folks trying to lay out the locations of the underground utilities are doing the best job they probably can, but they are not the ones who will die if it turns out they are wrong.

For that reason, the subject of small, portable ground penetrating radar units came up in that previous thread. Expensive, but it only has to keep you from hitting something dangerous one time in order to pay for itself.

Thanks for giving your perspective on things.

Tim
When I hit the 2-1/2”h p gas line trenching by the the time I could turn off the machine a fog was almost to the hwy . So I called my Dad and he was in court with our local energy company over a different miss-marked job! Scared me to death he told me to jump in the truck and leave the contractor to take care of it( they were laying pipe while I was trenching)

When I hit the 2-1/2”h p gas line trenching by the the time I could turn off the machine a fog was almost to the hwy . So I called my Dad and he was in court with our local energy company over a different miss-marked job! Scared me to death he told me to jump in the truck and leave the contractor to take care of it( they were laying pipe while I was trenching)
Your story reminds me of one a homeowner told me about a tree service driving in his front yard and went through his septic tank! Threw the bucket guy out of the bucket and broke his leg. Terrible that’s how dumb shit happens just that easy

TimBr

@cerviarborist; Are you saying that the story of an arborist being tossed out of the bucket is your story, or just that something similar has happened to you? If so, have you come up with any reasonable way to prevent a repeat of the circumstance? Thanks in advance for any response you choose to make.

Tim