Tree monster

RBJtree

The truck sounds a little light on gvw. If it works then it works. I would think if there is anything left with the crane on it, it would be very little, so no room for cargo.
What's up fellow Pittsburgh guy? What part of town are you in?

TTTE

Yeah. Not concerned about cargo maybe just Matt’s and cribbing. North of Pittsburgh. Gibsonia. You?

craneguy1

I've been curious myself...but probably no jib available on such a light truck...federal bridge law compliant? Probably not. 86ing it for most states...Truck while operating is gonna feel light on it's feet. Still an interesting concept. Let us know what you find out.

TTTE

That’s what I thought very light for that stick. Supposedly wheighs 32,000. Jib is totally out. Probably not enough power either. But I like the concept and I’m trying to find someone who has one or has worked with one. I know boom is solid just on that rig???

craneguy1

Even if it technically works, passes stability tests (which im sure it does)...it's not going to be nice/comfortable to operate...too damn light.

southsoundtree

My regular crane op has 2 22101's. One with a cable, one with a bucket.

Mike's Welding and Crane in Tumwater, WA. He might give you some details.

He has two rear dually axles, and an enclosed crane cab, and a full size cab, not cab-over, fwiw.

TTTE

Took a ride today and got in the seat. Setting up was tough cause controls were in the back and was tough to see the outriggers touching. Was definitely sketchy. Had 80’ of stick out and boomed down to about 55% and started to raise up and could feel and watch the outrigger move! Truck drove and road very good. Sufficient power. I think would take sometime getting used to being that light on your feet and something I’m not willing to do. Just my thoughts but squeezing to much into that set up is bound to cause trouble.

JT31

Defiantly no pay load left on the chassis, just your typical matts, cribbing, etc. Manitex usually puts out a pretty good product. Looking at the website, Manitex does offer a jib but I don't think you can do it with that chassis. Looks like fully extended 101.4', 50 degrees boom angle, your working radius is 70' and capacity is 1,520 lbs. If your looking towards the route of a stick boom it looks like it isn't bad. From what I saw they don't show a loadchart for the outriggers being short jacked (not saying there isn't one) but if it is a setup that has to have the outriggers 100% out and down on both side to operate that is another thing to consider. I attached the load chart for this crane from Manitex's website.

Attachments