Tree Austria/ Treestuff

skew

I have a tree Austria with pretty lite use. It is , however , 2 years old. The harness is coming apart where the suspender loops attach on the harness. It looks like either a really bad design or defective craftsmanship . Either way with suspension was over 500 dollars if memory serves. Treestuff couldn’t be bothered to even give me an email address of any one at Tree Austria. After a bit of windging they finally agreed to give me 10% off a new saddle. I’m disappointed. Treestuff used to be really great at helping with any gear issues and squaring up with their vendors. Good retail shops do it because it is good customer service and they have nothing to lose because the gear manufacturers want their retailers happy. 3F38C983-E77D-43A7-8042-6865CBDB4921.jpeg 3F38C983-E77D-43A7-8042-6865CBDB4921.jpeg

rico

Operator error bro. Those loops are not intended for suspender use., so its not surprising that the stitching gave out. They are intended for very light duty use for small accessory carabiners and such. Im pretty sure TreeAustria states that they re not to be used for their suspenders.
Why not stop using it that way and have it stitched up. I use a TA frequently and it is one of my favorite saddles. I will try and shoot a few pics of how I run the suspenders on the TA.
I also believe Niceguydave from Wesspur has a vid about running the suspenders on a TA.

skew

Operator error bro. Those loops are not intended for suspender use., so its not surprising that the stitching gave out. They are intended for very light duty use for small accessory carabiners and such. Im pretty sure TreeAustria states that they re not to be used for their suspenders.
Why not stop using it that way and have it stitched up. I use a TA frequently and it is one of my favorite saddles. I will try and shoot a few pics of how I run the suspenders on the TA.
I also believe Niceguydave from Wesspur has a vid about running the suspenders on a TA.
I’m pretty sure I was using them as intended but I will look into this- thanks

skew

It appears as though you are correct Rico. Some guy at Drayer has sent me a series of one sentence long emails confirming this. He sent me the instruction booklet but I still cannot figure where the fucking things are supposed to go. It seems like they are to go on the shackle that the bridge is connected to? Any way it's been a pretty comfortable rig but it is rather dainty compared to what I have used in the past.

InTheTree

The tree Austria 3.1 I really like and the suspenders do go to the shackle. There not rated for fall arrest and I wish they were disigned with that added rating. I like the tree Austria as much or more than my petzl Sequoia.

InTheTree

Oh yes and I agree I miss the ol tree stuff days. I just ordered something from tree stuff and it's being shipped from sherrilltree main office.

evo

Oh yes and I agree I miss the ol tree stuff days. I just ordered something from tree stuff and it's being shipped from sherrilltree main office.
pretty soon treestuff will just be a web page owned by sherrilltree and everything will ship from sherrill.. Oh wait, it nearly does...

SomethingWitty

Kind of. Without their whipping boy, they'll just stop being the go-to place for a lot of the sort of climbers who buy the $400 multiscenders and own every new rope and pulley. Being able to trash talk and have that direct connection to the company helped keep one of the original appeals of TS.

skew

Ok so here is a follow up: the manager at Treestuff called and offered me a better discount on a new harness due to poor customer service. I will take them up on it but the harnesses that I’m interested in are back ordered

That's good to hear, at least there trying. If your going get rid of it let me know. What harness you wanting and who's the manager at tree stuff? I remember when I used to call and talk to Luke and he'd write a response to my sons wacky emails.
It's a hard act to follow.
I have a hard time with any monopolies. Just like big business taking over the cannabis industry here in Canada.
I should spend wiser but I have old memories of treestuff.

evo

This is a little whiny here. Please don’t take this to personal, but what I gather is you used a piece of gear in a way that it’s not intended. Then it broke!
Now you are taking the issue to the company who sold you this piece of gear. They don’t owe you shit. You weren’t satisfied with that, so you went public complaining that the gear is poorly constructed, and you didn’t get a replacement. Now I assume you kept up with the complaints and got offered a discount for a replacement, which you don’t deserve.
Now you are complaining that they are out of stock on the good things you want to buy!

I’m glad your not one of my clients, and very glad I’m not in retail. If I were I would sell to whom ever pays the highest price the quickest. Even if that company is a POS