Timber Warriors?

ATH

I got a call today from Timber Warriors (timberwarriors dot com - not linking because I'm not advertising for them!) to get a limb out of a roof. Can't get to it today, so not sure this one will work out...but they said they can get me in their system for future emergencies if needed.

Any experiences with them? It sounds like the insurance company hires them to find tree services. No cost to me. They said they would need proof of liability and worker's comp. then they have a list of expectations for documenting completed work (photos, if I tarp a hole in the roof, etc...).

She offered to send pictures of the job, etc....before I would go to it.

Seemed pretty legit, but I don't want to sign up for something I'll regret. Anybody have experiences with them? (She did say most of their work is after large storms (logically) - I told her I'm not going to travel, but if there are local things I can help with I might be interested).

Thanks for experiences or thoughts you can share! (I did search, and only found their request for contractors...)

CanadianStan

I got a call today from Timber Warriors (timberwarriors dot com - not linking because I'm not advertising for them!) to get a limb out of a roof. Can't get to it today, so not sure this one will work out...but they said they can get me in their system for future emergencies if needed.

Any experiences with them? It sounds like the insurance company hires them to find tree services. No cost to me. They said they would need proof of liability and worker's comp. then they have a list of expectations for documenting completed work (photos, if I tarp a hole in the roof, etc...).

She offered to send pictures of the job, etc....before I would go to it.

Seemed pretty legit, but I don't want to sign up for something I'll regret. Anybody have experiences with them? (She did say most of their work is after large storms (logically) - I told her I'm not going to travel, but if there are local things I can help with I might be interested).

Thanks for experiences or thoughts you can share! (I did search, and only found their request for contractors...)
No cost to me.
I don't want to sign up for something I'll regret.
What's the risk in signing up? Are you legally bound to complete work as soon as they "delegate it" to you ?

Reactions: ATH

OasisTree

They were at the TCIA trade show last fall...I talked to them but havent signed up yet. It sounded legit, they pay so much per hour of labor and machine time that you submit to them with pics of the job.

ATH

Seemed like low/no risk - was just curious if anybody had experience. Doesn't sound like there is an obligation - what I've read says first company to respond gets the job and if no "Member" company responds, they'll shop it out to non-member companies (guess that is why they called me). Sounds like they look to use Certified Arborists - which does limit the pool in this part of the State...

I need to figure out what their hourly rates are.

Have read more about them... They expect you to be on site ready to work within 5 hours of a call (stating that means you may need to pack up and leave the job you are on). I only run 1 crew right now, so that may be tough. Don't really advertise emergency service. Haven't worked with a crane... The more I think about it, I'm not sure emergency storm work is my "niche" - but if it were I think timber warriors sounds like a good place to be plugged in. Maybe if the hourly rate is high enough I could occasionally use the opportunity.

RBJtree

I have done work for them. I had no real problems with them. At the time I was operating with two partners and no employees, so we had no comp. They still hired me after only minor complaint. They always paid me. Typical 30 or so days. I stopped responding to them because I was busy, but not wealthy, and didn't want to wait 30 days for money when I could do work that will pay me now. Plus I dont like filling out a booklet of forms for what amounts to my customer.

thetreemdkc

Spoke with them at a few arborist events and they seem to be a good company to work for. Another friend that operates his tree company in central Kansas has been working with them for about 4-5 months on hurricane work and few storm calls in Kansas City(I haven't signed up yet as KC is our area) there pay and equipment hourly rate is definitely better than what I've seen others offer up.