this is what happens when you tip tie a large vertical limb

Discussion in 'Awakenings' started by Daniel, Aug 18, 2017.

1. TheArborMan

TheArborMan Active Member

Daniel is the man, he knows his shit. Moving on from trees would be the best advice this guy could get! It wasn't a mistake or a retard moment. It was a fundamental lack of tree guy knowledge along with no fucki*g clue he was putting himself right in the line of fire. It probably took him some time to orchestrate his own death trap. Ohh and he had time to get video from multiple angles!!! Unreal...

Someone pay him to condense his youtube channel into one compilation video of how not to start your tree career.

TheTreeManJason and rico like this.
  2. Fairfield

Fairfield Well-Known Member

My main concern with Human is that it seems that each time I see one of his videos it has something to do with some "extreme" situation or something that shows the "what can go wrong". It's not that I don't know that this goes on everyday in the industry but when this is a bit of a trend with a person and then he or she is then shown promoting or reviewing equipment sponsored by one means or another from a company it gives an impression to younger or new workers that this is ok or right some how. I don't think he is out to do some of these things purposely or in the least I hope not. Although he has an odd video trail now up to his horrible accident. Some things can be seen coming unfortunately.

Magnum783, Stant82, NE Tree and 2 others like this.
  3. treehumper

treehumper Well-Known Member

The near misses were predictors of the inevitable incident. That he's more concerned with getting footage and looking good for the camera ( i.e., no PPE) is another.

CutHighnLetFly likes this.
  4. Fairfield

I think he is using ppe helmet glasses I believe I seen chaps in a vid as well. It’s just the accidents and techniques go hand in hand. I don’t want to bash him for showing his mistakes and what not, but at a certain point we need to all put the camera down and concentrate more on doing things right rather then am I getting it on vid to share.

hseII, treehumper and Tyler Durden like this.
  5. CutHighnLetFly

CutHighnLetFly Well-Known Member

Watched on of his recent videos on YouTube and he was working lights to his truck and goofed it up, I can only assume it was because he was slightly distracted by narrating and videographing. It was very similar to watching his tree work videos

6. TheTreeManJason

TheTreeManJason New Member

I stumbled upon that video in a YouTube deep-dive one night. What I find odd is every other video he has multiple cameras rolling all the time, but in this particular one, he has no footage of the fall itself? Makes one wonder if he did something really stupid to fall and didn't want to show it. And if that is the case, it had to be BAD because he shows all kinds of stupid stuff he does!

TreeVB likes this.
  7. swingdude

swingdude De' Island Buzzer

Oh boy that is some really bad rigging....this guy for being really personable in his vids just does not understand simple physics....his fall was painful to watch to say the least...I hope he has learned valuable lessons and can move past it....stop taking vid and pay attention....

deevo likes this.
  8. Daniel

Daniel Well-Known Member

VERY unlikely, but certainly possible... A pruning job like that makes for really boring video, so he probably just didn't bother... I think he would have shown the mistake, but hey I've been called naive my whole life.

9. Raven27

Raven27 Active Member

This video is from that "human" idiot. Every time I see one of his videos pop up on YouTube I find at least a couple thing I certainly wouldn't do. And by no means am I perfect, but this guy gets a shitload of views and people comment, loving his videos. He's very full of himself. I just don't watch any of his stuff anymore, glad he's not in my area.

10. SuperK

SuperK Active Member

Watching these videos of accidents/mistakes always makes me wonder when i am going to goof up. You guys every wonder that?

Jem4417 likes this.
  11. rope-a-dope

rope-a-dope Well-Known Member

Every day

SuperK likes this.
  12. Fairfield

It will happen eventually.... poke a lion enough it will bite. I can attest to this. But at the same time , when it happens over and over to one person there is more to it

SuperK and Raven27 like this.
  13. rico

rico Well-Known Member

Living proof that all that fly looking, super cool, shiny PPE won’t help much if you are doing stupid shit. Moral of the story-don’t do stupid shit!

14. SomethingWitty

SomethingWitty Well-Known Member

And also, PPE is cool.

15. rico

rico Well-Known Member

I pretty sure skill beats PPE on the coolness meter any day.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    swingdude and TreeCo like this.
  16. colb

colb Well-Known Member

Will it happen

By what path

To what extent

If you can dictate just one of these elements you can climb tomorrow. Two or three and you're golden. ;)

GreenstoneVT and SuperK like this.
  17. Treetopflyer

Treetopflyer Well-Known Member

What's your story if you don't mind sharing.

JD3000 likes this.
  18. SomethingWitty

SomethingWitty Well-Known Member

Martial arts are cool when regular people do them. They're way cooler when power rangers do them.

FreeFallin, rico and Tyler Durden like this.
  19. TreeCo

TreeCo Well-Known Member

I've seen some of your videos and do agree with you. It does.

PPE is cool, too.

That is some awesome tree work you are doing.

Del_

swingdude, SomethingWitty and hseII like this.
  20. TreeVB

TreeVB Well-Known Member

This fella is already back at it. First climb back and looks like he is already setting himself up for failure.

Attached Files: