this is what happens when you tip tie a large vertical limb

He got lucky three times... first when ot helicoptered and just barely glanced his hard hat (6" lower and he'd be dead for sure)... second on the first rebound just missing his lower body, and thirdly when the second rebound hit him in the back of the claf/ankle/foot, it wasn;t hard enough to do any damage

I left this comment:

That's the most intense treework video clip I have seen yet... Thanks for sharing it!

Hey Bro...
I honestly think you should rethink your career choice... You're making way to many mistakes and taking a far too relaxed attitude about them when you do... You only get so many of those small mishaps and near misses/close calls until some really bad shit happens.
Not trying to bust on you bro, REALLY trying to save your life...

You've got a great personality for video... shop yourself around to host a reality TV show... SERIOUSLY!..... now that you're out of action for a while take the time to look for a new direction

Daniel is the man, he knows his shit. Moving on from trees would be the best advice this guy could get! It wasn't a mistake or a retard moment. It was a fundamental lack of tree guy knowledge along with no fucki*g clue he was putting himself right in the line of fire. It probably took him some time to orchestrate his own death trap. Ohh and he had time to get video from multiple angles!!! Unreal...

Someone pay him to condense his youtube channel into one compilation video of how not to start your tree career.

Fairfield

My main concern with Human is that it seems that each time I see one of his videos it has something to do with some "extreme" situation or something that shows the "what can go wrong". It's not that I don't know that this goes on everyday in the industry but when this is a bit of a trend with a person and then he or she is then shown promoting or reviewing equipment sponsored by one means or another from a company it gives an impression to younger or new workers that this is ok or right some how. I don't think he is out to do some of these things purposely or in the least I hope not. Although he has an odd video trail now up to his horrible accident. Some things can be seen coming unfortunately.

Fairfield

I think he is using ppe helmet glasses I believe I seen chaps in a vid as well. It’s just the accidents and techniques go hand in hand. I don’t want to bash him for showing his mistakes and what not, but at a certain point we need to all put the camera down and concentrate more on doing things right rather then am I getting it on vid to share.

CutHighnLetFly

Watched on of his recent videos on YouTube and he was working lights to his truck and goofed it up, I can only assume it was because he was slightly distracted by narrating and videographing. It was very similar to watching his tree work videos

Watch his post fall video? (Like 5min after, EMS arrival included)

Horrible thing to experience.

His "F#%£ Dans Tree Service" video is hilarious
I stumbled upon that video in a YouTube deep-dive one night. What I find odd is every other video he has multiple cameras rolling all the time, but in this particular one, he has no footage of the fall itself? Makes one wonder if he did something really stupid to fall and didn't want to show it. And if that is the case, it had to be BAD because he shows all kinds of stupid stuff he does!

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Oh boy that is some really bad rigging....this guy for being really personable in his vids just does not understand simple physics....his fall was painful to watch to say the least...I hope he has learned valuable lessons and can move past it....stop taking vid and pay attention....

Daniel

I stumbled upon that video in a YouTube deep-dive one night. What I find odd is every other video he has multiple cameras rolling all the time, but in this particular one, he has no footage of the fall itself? Makes one wonder if he did something really stupid to fall and didn't want to show it. And if that is the case, it had to be BAD because he shows all kinds of stupid stuff he does!
VERY unlikely, but certainly possible... A pruning job like that makes for really boring video, so he probably just didn't bother... I think he would have shown the mistake, but hey I've been called naive my whole life.

Raven27

This video is from that "human" idiot. Every time I see one of his videos pop up on YouTube I find at least a couple thing I certainly wouldn't do. And by no means am I perfect, but this guy gets a shitload of views and people comment, loving his videos. He's very full of himself. I just don't watch any of his stuff anymore, glad he's not in my area.