This is the Akimbo

colb

Where else can you see this many innovators (with mutual respect for each other and not squabbling about who did what first) on one site? Hell, I've seen year long squabbles on other sites over friction hitches that read like a grade school name calling contest. I can't help but think that the overall atmosphere on the BuzzBoard is more conducive to progress than any other forums I've scoured.

We have great administrators on the board, great members/visitors, some highly educated and talented people... and a "let's get this thing rolling" attitude. The only thing I can say negative about it, is that the admins are a little lax about chasing off the riff-raff... I've been here for 3 years and they still haven't gotten around to banning me. But still, a great place to see change and innovation take place in real time!
That was giddy, @JeffGu . How many stuffed animals did you feed the chipper before writing that? :birra:

Wish I had a mill...and the skill set to just make my own... I feel like this is our purgatory for not being on top of the crowd fund stage... and I know I don’t need it but it’s eating at me.

@JMerritt .... Chanukah & Christmas are right around the corner if ... well you know... just saying it would be the best gift besides maybe a CMC 83HD+ Arbor Pro

Anyways, I love you guys. It’s been awhile since I have been on here. Lots to catch up on. Hope everyone is doing good

Last edited:
Thanks @TimBr . Long summer away from home mostly. Only been home for about a month and a half. New little one this July too, so almost every moment home is busy with a side of baby fussin or toddler madness or trying to relieve the lady for a few minutes while maintaining a relationship amid the mutual frustrations of parenthood. Days fly by

ps I never new how the @who ever deal worked until your explanation in the Sheltertree thread

@chiselbit,
How’s it been Dan? I got your photos from the big tree through the house and then accidentally killed my phone before I got back to you. Have I talked to you since then? I don’t think I have but if I did I somehow didn’t program your number, I know I should back up my contacts but the whole cloud thing freaks me out for some reason.

chiselbit

Hey Nic, it's all good here. Congrats on the new addition to your family. Glad to see you back on the buzz, that big windfall pine on the house was ugly and they opted for the cheap route (another contractor who didn't use a crane) I'll send you a text in a minute.

TimBr

Thanks @TimBr . Long summer away from home mostly. Only been home for about a month and a half. New little one this July too, so almost every moment home is busy with a side of baby fussin or toddler madness or trying to relieve the lady for a few minutes while maintaining a relationship amid the mutual frustrations of parenthood. Days fly by

ps I never new how the @who ever deal worked until your explanation in the Sheltertree thread
Congratulations on the new baby! I'm really happy for you. Nice to hear that you're getting a chance to be with them all right now, at the holidays. Best wishes.

Tim

Any new word on a release date yet? After all Christmas IS coming.
I heard from RE today and they said they're hoping for summer 2018. This device has huge potential in multiple industries so as @JMerritt has mentioned they're trying to really iron out the kinks and put out the best product possible. I don't blame them, who wants to end up with another Zigzag situation.

I heard from RE today and they said they're hoping for summer 2018. This device has huge potential in multiple industries so as @JMerritt has mentioned they're trying to really iron out the kinks and put out the best product possible. I don't blame them, who wants to end up with another Zigzag situation.
"potential in multiple industries".... surely not, but I wonder if they may go for NFPA rating? Perhaps a locking mechanism of some sort. Making it usable in the Fire Service and possibly SPRAT.