This is the Akimbo

RBJtree

I have a stupid question. Why is it undesirable or not yet* popular to connect the akimbo straight onto a rope bridge (like, skip the biner and bridge ring, swivel, pulley etc.) The device is super fast on and off rope...so tell me why you wouldn't do this? Thanks:baba:
I thought about doing that with my bdb. I decided against it for two reasons. 1, Sometimes I might want to use a different device or system and its a pain in the ass to untie the bridge stopper knots and 2, sometimes I'm just on spikes and a lanyard and I don't want it smacking off my balls as it hangs on my loose bridge.

CanadianStan

I thought about doing that with my bdb. I decided against it for two reasons. 1, Sometimes I might want to use a different device or system and its a pain in the ass to untie the bridge stopper knots and 2, sometimes I'm just on spikes and a lanyard and I don't want it smacking off my balls as it hangs on my loose bridge.
It gently strokes and fondles mine ...

Brocky

Here’s an option for the o rig that makes it easier to change the anchor point if needed, only the end of the climb line needs to be detached. The friction hitch on the bridge ring allows easy advancing, or retrieving of the Akimbo. Pulling on the left side of the system tends the bottom hitch and advances the device. Pushing on the hitch with one hand while pulling down on the right side, brings the Akimbo back to the climber. If knots are used on the short red rope the Akimbo can be brought very close, without the stiffness of a splice.

The top friction hitch might work if it is on the carabiner, rather than the Akimbo. Or it could be eliminated and just push up the device by hand as you go.

theatertech87

Shot a couple videos for the I LOVE SRT facebook group and thought I would share them here
For Reference I'm 320 lbs and it works phenomenally.

Some minor creep on lightly used Bluemoon

No slippage on used Poison Hi-Vy

The harness attachment is awesome on the Camp Tree access evo btw

Acerxharlowii

Shot a couple videos for the I LOVE SRT facebook group and thought I would share them here
For Reference I'm 320 lbs and it works phenomenally.

Some minor creep on lightly used Bluemoon

No slippage on used Poison Hi-Vy

The harness attachment is awesome on the Camp Tree access evo btw
That’s awesome you got blue moon that works for you, I know people have been having difficulty

Raven

Hey, Raven, that is a truly great photograph! I'm assuming that that is you. If so, sir, you are a beast! I think that this photo should become your avatar pic. Thanks for posting it!

Tim
Ha thanks Tim but I could never get rid of Arcimboldo's "Winter"

@RyTheTreeGuy that first pic is sweet looking straight up the rope like that, magazine cover worthy.

I guess I had withdrawals from this thread, just couldn't let it lay dormant. FWIW the Akimbo is my go to device on Every. Single. Climb. It is truly an amazing device and for those who don't like it - I think they just haven't given it a chance but hey at least there's more on the market for the rest of us.

Let's see more Akimbo action pics!

RyanCafferky

So far my only complaint is that the little wire gate thing pops off all the time while I am ascending. Annoying but it is still my favorite SRT system. I climb on a Lockjack 90% of the time but when I need a second tie in or I want to climb SRT the Akimbo comes out to play.

Anybody have tricks for keeping it from popping off while using that tending point?

colb

Anybody have tricks for keeping it from popping off while using that tending point?
Don't stop climbing, lol. My tether is a good length - barely pops out if I rest, and is easy to put back on when I resume. If I focus, I can keep it attached while I rest. It's just a small caribiner on my 4srt chest harness and a thin quickdraw webbing that I stick directly in the tending gate..

RyTheTreeGuy

So far my only complaint is that the little wire gate thing pops off all the time while I am ascending. Annoying but it is still my favorite SRT system. I climb on a Lockjack 90% of the time but when I need a second tie in or I want to climb SRT the Akimbo comes out to play.

Accessory biner that just barely fits...to large to pop off and great for ascending...although I believe it is a safety measure so a change in technique works also. I find if I rest in an upright position it will stay attatched. If I sit back...pop, off it comes

colb

My akimbo slacks when I unweighted it. Do I need to adjust my climbing style, wait for it to break, or what? It's my 3rd or 4th work climb with it today and it has seen about 5 sessions of rec climbing as well. I'm running it on old and new cougar blue, and xstatic has been in the mix once or twice. It's just weird when it slacks because it's so compact. There's something different aside from the mere collapsing that seems to exaggerate the collapsing. I'm one setting away from wide open.