This is the Akimbo

misfit

What size is the attachment hole on the Akimbo?

Also - what size is the width of the metal on the attachment hole?

Specifically - I want to know if a dmm revolver gate can pass through the hole? - And then have the attachment hole snug up to the top of the revolver?

If it can - a pic of proof would be amazing.

Thank you.
To answer your question: no, the attachment hole on the Akimbo will not fit over the gate of the DMM Revolver, nor will it fit around the pulley end, so there is no way to use a Revolver with it.

123Craig

To answer your question: no, the attachment hole on the Akimbo will not fit over the gate of the DMM Revolver, nor will it fit around the pulley end, so there is no way to use a Revolver with it.
Thank you misfit.

No bueno. I'll be sticking with my bulldog bone.

123Craig

What purpose would you want this for? Want a roller on your bridge attachment? I can look tomorrow and let you know if a roll clip will for
IMG_20190311_193650.jpg

Above pic is my system for the bone... - Surveyor sourced a tear drop that would fit the revolver.

Revolver is perfect balance of friction for me on rope bridge between pulley and biner. Plus I have two revolvers in my possession and want as little new spend as possible (plus they're small and light).

Petzl triac isn't rated for life support... I know, I know - neither is the bone... - I'd go to dmm revolver rig if I was going to put a pulley biner on the akimbo, at this point...

I guess if I didn't already have 2 bulldog bones - I might be in the market for an akimbo - I'm trying not to just collect gear and spend money for the sake of it though.

Last edited:

CanadianStan

View attachment 58039

Above pic is my system for the bone... - Surveyor sourced a tear drop that would fit the revolver.

Revolver is perfect balance of friction for me on bridge between pulley and biner. Plus I have two revolvers in my possession and want as little new spend as possible (plus they're small and light).

Petzl triac isn't rated for life support... I know, I know - neither is the bone... - I'd go to dmm revolver rig if I was going to put a pulley biner on the akimbo, at this point...

I guess if I didn't already have 2 bulldog bones - I might be in the market for an akimbo - I'm trying not to just collect gear and spend money for the sake of it though.
Have you tried a bridge component with a wider radius, such as an ABR radius or the california swivel?

Also, I'm assuming you have a rope bridge?

123Craig

Have you tried a bridge component with a wider radius, such as an ABR radius or the california swivel?

Also, I'm assuming you have a rope bridge?
Yes I have a rope bridge.

Thanks for your suggestions - though both of these items add extra gear/expense and add another link in the chain (that needn't be there) between climbing device and bridge... - and I need a pulley hybrid biner for balance of friction, not so much concerned about bridge wear.

When I say balance of friction - I'm talking about a pulley being too smooth on the bridge to the point where it's hard to hold a position on your side in the saddle (and consequently takes more energy to do so) when the pulley wants to right itself to the middle of the bridge too easily (or rolls/makes you sway around too easily). When you have no pulley - it requires effort in the opposite way, in that it takes some energy to move out from side to side on your rope bridge. The perfect balance of friction for me - is the biner/pulley hybrid in the dmm revolver - not too little friction, not too much, plus it's small and light (like to keep things as close and compact to the saddle as possible).

I'll keep my bulldog bone system, and refrain from buying the shiny akimbo until further versions/options in the future.

Don't want to take away anything from what looks amazing in the Akimbo... Though I love my bulldog bone and the way it is setup, don't see the need for change just for changes sake - especially if it hits the wallet.

CanadianStan

Yes I have a rope bridge.

Thanks for your suggestions - though both of these items add extra gear/expense and add another link in the chain (that needn't be there) between climbing device and bridge... - and I need a pulley hybrid biner for balance of friction, not so much concerned about bridge wear.

When I say balance of friction - I'm talking about a pulley being too smooth on the bridge to the point where it's hard to hold a position on your side in the saddle (and consequently takes more energy to do so) when the pulley wants to right itself to the middle of the bridge too easily (or rolls/makes you sway around too easily). When you have no pulley - it requires effort in the opposite way, in that it takes some energy to move out from side to side on your rope bridge. The perfect balance of friction for me - is the biner/pulley hybrid in the dmm revolver - not too little friction, not too much, plus it's small and light (like to keep things as close and compact to the saddle as possible).

I'll keep my bulldog bone system, and refrain from buying the shiny akimbo until further versions/options in the future.

Don't want to take away anything from what looks amazing in the Akimbo... Though I love my bulldog bone and the way it is setup, don't see the need for change just for changes sake - especially if it hits the wallet.
I know exactly what you're talking about, pulleys on my bridge drive me nuts. I've always been happy with the combination of 1 DMM ring and 1 large Petzl Swivel ... smooth, but enough surface area to move nicely without causing undue effort.

BTW I had the chance to climb a bit more on my akimbo today. I climbed on it on Yale Blue Tongue Access line and ... it was actually really nice! It finally worked smoooth, without too much effort in the hands, with nice, fast controlled descents gliding to a stop.

Then I got the Blue tongue stuck in a cottonwood ... so I had to climb up on my Drenaline. Fun fact: I used the tail of my drenaline to climb since there was a zigzag on the spliced end. The Akimbo on A1 was completely locking up on the descent ... after a few minutes of frustration, I eventually figured out that the excess milked cover of the Drenaline was the culprit, seizing up inside the akimbo. With my brake hand milking out the cover as I descended I was able to make it down to the ground

In comparison, I had previously done a number of trials indoors with Drenaline, at a 25' height and the Akimbo ran really nicely, on a number of different settings. So a loose cover is something to consider if things feel like they're not moving smoothly through the akimbo

evo

I am glad they are pumping them out, and cannot imagine all the hassle with moving shop. I does seem like someone is snoozing in the QC department, I hold Rock to a pretty high standard and I’d think they would be throughly fondled before going out the door.