This guy must be drunk

Cameron

Re: This guy must be druck

Good one BJ! That guy actually looks like he knew what he was doing. Don't know what happened to him do ya?

Colin

Administrator

Dang Jon! I woulda done what you did at the end in the beginning, then reached down!

It was for the camera, right? ;^)

BigJon

Oh that it was! I think the same thing but the camera guy wanted to work that in somehow. I dont much movie work.

TreeCo

BigJon got a vid of your footlocking?

I hear you are pretty good. I'm not much good over 40ft. I must admit.

Dan

BigJon

I do have something but its not a good one. I had just started learning to footlock I will see what I can find. Be on the look out for it.

chris_girard

That is one way to use your head, oh I mean feet. I too have not seen that technique.

Chris

Phil

Just for fun some buddies and i like to show off everyonce and a while and near the lower 10-15 feet of the trunk we hang upside down in our saddles and use our feet to decent our knot...kinda looks like spiderman...kids love it. But as always safety first. so it is only everyonce and a while. Never done it while working though

rimu

Nice touch using the feet to advance the hitch. Worth practicing just above the ground first to know you can control the descent without loosing control.

He would improve the working life of his shoulders if he used a lanyard when in position for the cuts and it could save him from a nasty swing too. His rope angle was pretty flat and just holding on with one arm and cutting with the other is asking for trouble.

Looks like he thinks of the quick way for today without thinking of the short and long term consequences.

That's my humble opinion anyway.
Cheers

TreeCo

[ QUOTE ]

That's my humble opinion anyway.
Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty harsh un-solicited opinion IMO. I hope it doesn't blow your mind that he had a cheesburger for lunch with extra grease!/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rimu

Sorry no offense intended.

But if this is an open forum where new climbers may be looking for ideas isn't it best if "good" techniques are emphisised and "bad techniques are pointed out as what they are. Dangerous. IMO

rimu

I can't believe anyone would eat a cheeseburger prior to climbing. Lentil soup has to be better for you. No wonder the dude was climbing like a madman.

Rimu

Phil

I just wait to see what animal jumps outta the tree we're cutting and cook that for lunch...raccoon has a pleasent game taste to it.

stevebullman

2 things.....i think my v.t would be too close into my harness for me to be able to adjust it with my feet, and secondly i have my v.t set so delicately id much rather be able to feel it with my fingers than my boots.....great vid though big fella