Thee best rake.

boreality

You don't miss em til they're gone.

I'd get this rake at Canadian Tire but it wasn't in stock all summer. It's a production speeder upper fer sur. It's just the right quality plastic and design, doesn't warp, skips the grass and leaves and gets the sticks. Lifetime warranty, $25, don't use it below freezing weather (that's what killed my supply). Canadian made by Garant under the name Jackson. I had the kid dig throught he warehouse til he found the last one.

http://www.garant.com/html/fr/produits/produit.php?idProduit=1000284&typeProduit=famille

There are other clog free plastic rakes out there but the ones I've tried warp and become useless quickly. I've been glueing the heads on with silicone.

boreality

Hmm well it was in french and needed translating. And it just worked for me could be protectionism.

It's at the bottom of Tom's link the 24" clog free blue plastic. I've never tried the 30" inch version because the 24" seems perfect. I'd say no crap that the rake gives about a 5-1 stroke reduction.

rfwoodvt

We used the clog free true temper for years but have been using the groundskeeper II for a couple years now and have no intention of ever looking back.

boreality

Looks like Ames True Temper and Garant are related companies. The 24" clog free looks the same but different colours. Could be different performance with the different colour. From what I can tell the rake might be an exclusive to Canadian Tire.

southsoundtree

I've been using two rakes at once recently. Works well on stump grinding holes to pull chips into a pile for pitchforking. Works well for cleaning the lawn of sticks, twigs, and saw chips.

Groundskeeper 2 is unbeatable. Put a 6 foot dowell on for a handle and extend your reach. I will never buy a plastic or conventional metal rake again.

V

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
I did a time study comparing metal and plastic rakes a number of years ago. All sorts of rakeup conditions were included too.

Plastic was ahead by 40% less time!

TreeCo

[ QUOTE ]
Groundskeeper 2 is unbeatable. Put a 6 foot dowell on for a handle and extend your reach. I will never buy a plastic or conventional metal rake again.

V

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm putting faith in ya. Just ordered two....along with the newer Hitch Climber pulley.

mdvaden

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate the Groundskeeper rakes.

We buy Corona metal fan rakes ... They are pretty durable and inexpensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://karlkuemmerling.com/store/product827.html

[/ QUOTE ]

After all the stuff I tried at campuses, golf courses and in business, that style of rake has proven the best for my needs. A fan / spring rake. And 8 times better when it has the fiberglass handle rather than wood handle. I get about 2 years use out of each.

The spring style does a really good job of leaving behind pea gravel or 1/4" gravel on paths too. One of the best mulch leveling tools when flipped on the back and held at a low angle.

KentuckySawyer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

V

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm putting faith in ya. Just ordered two....along with the newer Hitch Climber pulley.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll be happy you bought the hitch climber.

KentuckySawyer

[ QUOTE ]
I did a time study comparing metal and plastic rakes a number of years ago. All sorts of rakeup conditions were included too.

Plastic was ahead by 40% less time!

[/ QUOTE ]

What sort of tests and controls were performed to get your results. Was this a clinical or a field study?

chewbacca

Corona metal spring rake for us as well. Just like any other tool, a rake's abilities depend on the user's abilities. The metal spring rakes work very well for me. I've never met a plastic rake I liked.

easyphloem

[ QUOTE ]
. I've never met a plastic rake I liked.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if it was scientifically proven to be at least 40% faster, would you reconsider your "I've never..." Statement?

SZ