The Shultz Effect

Reg

I dig, I'm just not that skilled at spike climbing so, if possible, I would climb the rope.
I was up there in a heartbeat, Levi. I only set the line to get me past the Y at the bottom. Sprurring takes practice like everything....but its one of the fundamentals that all climbers should master in my book. Unlike rope walking you can lean back into your saddle for support. Carry a big saw even, and not notice the difference hardly.

Yimboob

I just stumbled across this bad boy and figured out what im gonna be doing over the next couple of hours. Thank you phanner man! Its cool to find that something like this is out there and a little upset i didnt find it earlier. Although i havent watched anything yet, if i even just learn 1 little thing that could save me 5 minutes a day its worth the very reasonable price of 40 dollars.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

NorCalBrock

As a self taught climber, I've used Pfanner's vids to train myself to switch from double to single - worth every penny in time and effort. Along with Mumford's wisdom on YouTube, I feel like I've been making sound decisions the last year or so, especially with anchors and redirects.

Next step - traversing to other trees! Need to practice for a couple of days before putting into production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeylove

I finally just down loaded it all so I could stop streaming it and just take the SD card anywhere. 64GB card for those who might be thinking the same thing. There is a lot of vids.

Gorman

I have it on my desktop so it's always there for me to watch if I'm dealing with someone droning on over the phone. I just downloaded the sections and renamed them so it's easier to tell which one is which.

Bob Bob

I'd like to personally thank Pfanner man for releasing The Schultz Effect. I found the videos very educational. There are so many tips and tricks that I'll surely have to watch the series several times. It's a great reference source and will take a place in my library alongside the video/book classics from Beranek, Peter Jenkins, Jepson and Bruce Smith.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
I'd like to personally thank Pfanner man for releasing The Schultz Effect. I found the videos very educational. There are so many tips and tricks that I'll surely have to watch the series several times. It's a great reference source and will take a place in my library alongside the video/book classics from Beranek, Peter Jenkins, Jepson and Bruce Smith.
There's still nothing to compare it to.
It helped me a lot. I should watch the videos again since I've been on SRT for a couple years or so and kind of have my sea legs now.

I don't know if there are other threads about the Shultz effect, but I definitely believe it should be stickied at the top of the stationary rope section simply because of the number of climbers who really could benefit from watching it.
I'd liken it to the amount of education that Jeff Jepson's books offer to beginning climbers, but for the plateaued intermediate climbers.

Last edited:

Pfanner man

I purchased Schultz Effect a while back and now cannot find the login address. Anyone that help out, I sure would appreciate it!
did you manage to get back in? for all those that don't know there is a support email where you can hit me up about problems or questions. it's:
theschultzeffect@gmail.com
btw, thanks for remembering the "c" in Schultz ;)

Pfanner man

working on that rigging series ;) ?
yes, soon-ish. it's a slow process cuz work, life, etc, etc.
as will be stated in the intro, i dont feel am not qualified to teach people rigging over the internet from scratch. there are many greats books, dvds, demos and in person trainers for that. i do feel i can speak on urban rigging, which is what the series will be about. we'll focus on those tight quarter no run jobs where there's no other trees to use, no calvary, no crane and seemingly no options. there'll also be a fair amount of case study analysis.
hope to have it done some time this winter...