The Shultz Effect

monkeylove

For those of you who aren't subscribed to his YouTube channel, he teamed up with Gumroad and has a cool vid series you can purchase off them for $40. It's about 5 hours worth of some cool "Educational not Instructional" lol vids. I like what I watched so far and it's always great to support tree guys.

monkeylove

Just climbing, although he goes into vector angles and forces but not really "rigging" of limbs and such. Now there may be more coming but the 15 vids currently look to be climbing only.

fall_risk

I am working my way through right now, haven't gotten to the meat and potatoes yet, but I already learned a little wrinkle on lanyard over the shoulder tending that will make my life better, it's not something he even talks about, it's something he just does, that's why this format is great. Just watching someone of this caliber climb is educational, like the Chad Brey Jambo video.
The video covers Pfanner man's journey from Ddrt to SRT. I bought it because I'm a single up double down climber without anyone but the buzz and hard knock rec climbing to teach me to work a tree single line. I'm already happy with the purchase and I'm only 15% through it.
Lawrence says in the notes that if this video is successful, he will make more; it's clear that he's invested time, effort and money, so help make it worth his while SO THAT @treegongfu AND I GET OUR RIGGING VIDEO!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

monkeylove

I've learned some cool tricks so far, and even noticed where his D rings were compared to mine. Now I know why mine always bite my hips. Lots a great stuff if you pay attention and watch each one several times.

Merle Nelson

Agreed Daniel, and I think of the extra $ earned by adding even one new trick to my bag of tricks as well as increasing personal enjoyment in my upgraded performance.

I like to learn new climbing techniques thoroughly (a bit slowly) so this is just the ticket for me. I just got it over to my computer yesterday and am looking forward to learning a lot.

moss

Great preview, looking forward to viewing Pfannerman's work. It's very generous to put that much time and effort into capturing what you know and putting it out there.
-AJ

CutHighnLetFly

He needs people like those of you who have invested and those who simply know him to speak for him.
Theres a lot of people like me who don't know him from a hole in the wall, so it might be hard to justify to ourselves investing in this.

monkeylove

It's hard to say anything is great to a group of guys and gals that have a favorite biner based on direction of pull/push and twist, lol. I will say that I have never meet Lawrence but have learned a lot of really cool tricks that I have already started using. Like Daniel stated above, the cost is no worse than that of some small hardware. Definitely some of the best stuff I ever bought for $40 bucks.

ctree

Purchased the Schultz Effect. Absolutely worth the $40. Lets support Lawrence so that he makes more videos. He does a nice job and will only get better with more videos. Pretty cheap for all the information he conveys.

Merle Nelson

Ahh...invested, invested? I bought the info for $40 or whatever but I won't have invested anything of real value in it till I take the time to watch it, work through my kinks and apply what will work for me and help me make more money and make it more enjoyably.

CutHighnLetFly I was looking at your post and thinking of what I could say to you that could be of use. Then my eyes fell on your 'signature line' or whatever it's called (God Hates a Coward.) Buy it already! Ha, ha.

I had the good fortune of working with Lawrence for a week back east at David Drivers just to learn more things about rigging etc. He is a straight up dude and has offered me help at every turn with ideas about SRT etc. I count Lawrence as a friend and early in his process of putting this together he offered to give this to me free when it was completed. I declined that offer then and made it clear that I looked forward to paying for it when it became available.

Lawrence and others that will watch this unfold need to see us happily pay for and put real value in their efforts. It's the only thing that will have them go on and put the hours, days, weeks and months into the next project. Lawrence has put untold heart and soul into this project and even having just watched the preview yesterday I am excited about what is yet to come.

arborpatrol

Lawrence is a good friend of mine. I have known him and climbed with him for over 10 years. He eats, sleeps, and breaths climbing. His primary goal with this video series was to spread knowledge. There really is a ton of information contained in the Schultz Effect. I don't think there is any comparable compilation of climbing instruction available for less than $40. Lawrence climbed on my crew for 2 years and we watched him and worked with him on many of the techniques shown. I just paid for my dose of the Schultz Effect because the depth and breadth of technical know-how is more than I could keep track of and remember. Now, I have an easy-to-access set of instructions to learn from and access. With a smart phone, you can easily check a technique while practicing and climbing out in the field. This is a really great step up from the content available for free on YouTube.

If Lawrence feels there is a good response to the Schultz Effect, he might do a series on rigging. His rigging ability is equal or greater than his climbing ability.

Magnum783

Man I would kill for a rigging series. For me in my area pruning is something many don't think to do so I feel so often rigging for removal is all I do. That being said rigging and leaving no dents and damage is something no one does other than me. I feel I have an ok handle on it now but I could certainly learn a bunch from a guy like Lawrence

Merle Nelson

Rigging seems to be his major personal passion. The jobs he did in New York City in extremely tight quarters, often with less than ideal conditions or additional trees around to anchor off from or put a secondary line in had him doing a lot of thinking outside the box.

When he gets useful feedback from this project and catches his breath I fully expect that he will be driven to go on and do a rigging series.