The Rope Runner sucks at sucking.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Yale 11.7 and a rope runner is invincible....it flattens but just not a problem....nothing ties knots like kern and 11.7 series.

TallTreeClimber

Yale 11.7 and a rope runner is invincible....it flattens but just not a problem....nothing ties knots like kern and 11.7 series.
Are Yale 11.7 and Scandere the same thing that you're referring in to? I purchased 11.7 Yale Scandere, so I hope we're all talking about the same thing.

My 11.4 BW2 and my 10HTC would not work correctly. Both would slip, unless I had the top bollard closed so hard that I could not effectively use the bird as designed.

I haven't worn the paint off the heat sink yet, as I'm afraid to use the rr in a tree until I get a rope that I'm comfortable with.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Are Yale 11.7 and Scandere the same thing that you're referring in to? I purchased 11.7 Yale Scandere, so I hope we're all talking about the same thing.

My 11.4 BW2 and my 10HTC would not work correctly. Both would slip, unless I had the top bollard closed so hard that I could not effectively use the bird as designed.

I haven't worn the paint off the heat sink yet, as I'm afraid to use the rr in a tree until I get a rope that I'm comfortable with.
No but scandere will work. Yale 11.7 are bluemoon. Focus. Poison Ivy and it's sisters. Prism. Etc.

TallTreeClimber

No but scandere will work. Yale 11.7 are bluemoon. Focus. Poison Ivy and it's sisters. Prism. Etc.
As a newb, help me understand why.

Does the 11.7 hold it's roundness better? I noticed it seemed to lack a rope strength characteristic that the scandere has. What difference are we talking about?

TallTreeClimber

Well I just got my first chance to use my rr on something other than a 2' garage descent, and boy am I happy with it from the 5 seconds it took me to descend 15' of Scandere!

I know, that sounds pathetic, but that's all the time I've had on it to date.

I can't wait until I get a day to play in a tree with it.

TallTreeClimber

So I left my Blue Moon out on a tree for a week and now I think I understand what "broken in" means on a rope. Night and day difference on the friction. Before, the rope was just slippery. Now there is much more friction And I can run the bollard wide open without slipping.

Now I want to set my 200' of Scandere out in the weather for a week. I guess that's what it takes to get all the production resin/lubricants off of the rope.

TimBr

@TallTreeClimber; You probably already do this, but you should pull that rope out of the tree and check it end to end to make sure no squirrels have chewed on it before you put any weight on it in a life safety setting. That's the biggest fear I've seen expressed by the veteran climbers on the forums, with regard to leaving ropes in trees overnight. Thanks.

Tim

evo

You don’t need the soap if it isn’t dirty. From what I’ve read the best method for drying is to spread it out on the floor, not in sunlight.
Best I have found is a NSF shelf and a fan, flake it in a loose pile and get ample amounts of moving air over all surfaces. When flaked on a towel on the floor it takes about 4 times longer to dry.
By using the fan/shelf method, I can have my ropes bone dry by the am after 100% saturation.IMG_0103.JPG