T536LiXP Battery Problem

Merle Nelson

Yes, I wouldn't have bought that way normally since the saw and tech is new to me. But, after having used the saw for days am glad to have more than two batteries and no need to focus on charging during the day.

Merle Nelson

My local saw shop, Hendrix Saw Shop in Santa Rosa CA. Young guy, a grandson of a great saw shop owner. He is great too. Fun to see the skill and love for the buss carried on.

Picked up a 14 inch bar today while there, it feels great with that balance and reach.

Hello everyone new to this but my 536lixp died today with no hints or reasons why?? The battery died went to switch it out with a fully charged one like always and nothing happened no lights or anything? Help I've just torn it apart and still no reasons why. This saw has been nice so far but this is it I think maybe new motor or .....i dunno any ideas or related problems like this ?? Thanks

Merle Nelson

No answer for you, sorry.

This is the answer for my wife though about why I almost always have two or more of everything I rely on or use a lot. I love my batt saws for trimming.

Ob2

No, that's no problem. But when you start to like the saw like I do you will definitely go beyond those four inches. That means you end up with the 536 cutting too big wood.
It hasn't damaged mine, but multiple times a day cutting big wood shouldn't be done with this tophandle pruning saw.
I've been impressed with mine too, but may be guilty of on putting it through 12" oak more than Husky intended :tarjetaroja: I'm no mechanic, so wondering if just motor, or which components I'm overtaxing doing that? I do keep it very sharp.

Ob2

Ahh, thanks Treespotter, that is great information. Now, just to be clear, I only want a 14 inch bar for reach and to have the saw a little more nose heavy. Is it also a "no go" just pulling the extra 2 inches of chain when making 4 inch and smaller cuts?

I appreciate your first hand perspective by the way.
I'm feeling the same balance issue with 12" bar - Too much wrist effort just to keep saw level in the cut. I've seen videos recommending swapping in a Stihl bar & chain (and compatible sprocket) for best cutting speed. I'm tempted by that and going to 14" at same time. But as mentioned I already get sucked in by this beauty's quiet, clean power and run it through bigger would than intended. So I'm wondering how one might weight the end of the bar while keeping it narrow enough to be functional - Could you drill a few holes and soldier in some lead or would that just rattle out? Sorry for derail...

RyTheTreeGuy

Great discussion about a great saw. (provided you understand and accept the confines of it) I have owned this little gem for a little over a year and have not had the same problems as some. I have never had any issues with my batteries and they still seem to provide me with the same working time per charge. I did switch to the 14 inch bar. There is a bit of a learning curve as it does not cut exactly the same as a 2 stroke. I like the longer bar and bought a woodland pro bar and chain combo and it is fantastic. I would say I am comfortable in 8", (although it is slower) have gone as much as 12" and as stated earlier 4" or less is the sweet spot. Keep the chain sharp, don't go to low on the rakers and enjoy the sounds of the birds chirping and the sweet smell of fresh air.

Merle Nelson

I run a 14" bar on one of my saws all the time, for reach.

Everyone know that Husky has a third size battery with more capacity?

I just bought the Husky battery extendable polesaw to compliment my Stihl gas polesaws I use almost everyday. The Husky has a lot of torque.

Ryan Keats

This is a little off topic, but I need a new chainsaw and am stuck between a ms 150 with a muffler mod and the husky t536 Li XP. It would mostly be used for pruning, but it would be nice to have a versatile saw. I previously had a 192T, but it just died. It will be my only top handled saw before I move to bigger saws.

Merle Nelson

Great prune saw.

Not supposed to be run in the rain.
I don't like to use it if I have more than a handful of six to ten inch cuts in a tree. Sub 3 or 4 inches it shines and I love it.

deevo

This is a little off topic, but I need a new chainsaw and am stuck between a ms 150 with a muffler mod and the husky t536 Li XP. It would mostly be used for pruning, but it would be nice to have a versatile saw. I previously had a 192T, but it just died. It will be my only top handled saw before I move to bigger saws.
I’ve used my modded 150 once since getting my 536 in May. Use it a lot it’s great!

Ob2

Great prune saw.

Not supposed to be run in the rain.
I don't like to use it if I have more than a handful of six to ten inch cuts in a tree. Sub 3 or 4 inches it shines and I love it.
I love the 536li too, even for the bigger stuff. But i thought husky's site said no problems to run in rain, just don't be crazy about it?

Bill_N

Has there been any consensus as to what batteries are compatible with the t536li?

I'm considering purchasing one and I'm finding information online to be conflicting and confusing.

Husqvarna's website states in it's battery series info, under the title "one battery fits all" that "*all chainsaws require the Bli150".

I downloaded the manual for the T536liXP which says that the only approved batteries are the Bli110 and Bli150.

Bailey's online claims that the saw only takes the Bli200.

And if you look up individual batteries on Husqvarna website almost every single one of them say that they are compatible with the chainsaw.

Obviously my first instinct is to go with the manuals instructions. Which would be to only use the Bli110 or Bli150 but if the Bli200 is actually compatible and will give me more running time I may consider that.

Also Husqvarna's website shows a picture of the saw being run with one of the backpack batteries, which also are not listed as compatible in the owner's manual, but are listed as compatible under the battery specifications.

Any help navigating all this conflicting information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Bill

Ob2

Hi Bill, I've been running the Bli200 batteries in it with no problem, about 5 months now. Average use maybe 2x a week, but working it pretty good on those days.

ghostice

I'm running BLi300 batteries on my T536liXP - one battery will last all day with 14" bar even cutting up to about 6-7" maple. Spruce/ pine no problem. Some of the saw reviews I've seen need to state what battery they have in the saw and maybe what temperature they are using it at. Dunno if I'd use this saw at -15 degC but for warmer weather it's been awesome. The 200's and the 300's are heavier batteries though.
https://www.honeybros.com/Category/Husqvarna_Batteries