T536LiXP Battery Problem

flyingsquirrel25

Received my T536LiXP from TreeStuff today. When I opened the box I found one battery (ordered two). Upon further examination the 2 batteries I ordered were on back order so Luke's crew sent me one of the smaller capacity batteries free of charge. TreeStuff is awesome just for that.
The problem I am having is the battery will not go into the saw to make a connection. There seems to be two small tabs on the battery that will not allow it to engage the electrical connections (see pictures attached).
Has anyone else had an issue with this? Are your batteries configured differently? I would like to figure it out before Luke sends the other batteries (incase they have the same configuration).
I am hoping to be able to call Luke on Monday to see if they may be able to shed some light on the problem but thought I might ask here first, seeing as how even the awesome need a day off.
:asadito:
IMG_1453.JPG IMG_1454.JPG IMG_1455.JPG

CreTree

I will look in the morning. At one point right after I got mine, I had a hard time with the battery. Aggravation prevailed and a swift smack sent it home. No trouble sinc, but I don't recommend it.

CreTree

I've got all the same parts. I have had no problem getting the battery in and out since the on time. One thing I did discover, is that the battery goes in much smoother if the saw is not sideways or upside down. Put the bottom down and it slides tight in, otherwise it does seem to catch.

flyingsquirrel25

The problem has been resolved. It seams the two tabs that were giving me problems might be designed to form fit the saw that it is installed in (maybe for a tighter fit). I noticed after a while of messing with it, they were deforming slightly and then all of a sudden the battery went in. Looking at them closer I found they are now ramped (for the lack of a better word) and the battery comes in and out like it should. I will try to get a picture of the tabs tonight to better illustrate what I mean. Thanks for the help.

Treespotter

The problem has been resolved. It seams the two tabs that were giving me problems might be designed to form fit the saw that it is installed in (maybe for a tighter fit). I noticed after a while of messing with it, they were deforming slightly and then all of a sudden the battery went in. Looking at them closer I found they are now ramped (for the lack of a better word) and the battery comes in and out like it should. I will try to get a picture of the tabs tonight to better illustrate what I mean. Thanks for the help.
Noooooooooooooo!

The 536LiXP is NOT to be used in combination with the 1.6 amps battery!
During the pre production testing the saw was draining the small battery to quick.
Husqvarna deemed that combination not fit to go together. For that reason Husqvarna modified the body of the saw and the battery housing to be not compatible.

Send the battery back and wait for the correct 3.0 or 4.2 amps ones.

Last edited:

flyingsquirrel25

Makes sence, but why is the 2,1 ah battery even available then (the battery I have). Even in their catalog all that is available is the 2,1 and the 4,2. No mention on the 1,5 or 3,0. Why are the dealers not aware of this? I'm have used the saw a little and like the way it runs, but am getting very frustrated with the whole thing just because of how confusing the batteries are, and the lack of information available. My local dealer is absolutely useless and that began my frustration, I guess I must call Luke and get the low down.
Grrr.

Treespotter

2.1? We're living in a very divided world. I didn't know Husqvarna made a 2.1 amps battery. Btw, I was referring to the smallest battery being the 1.5 amps but I meant 1.6 amps. Corrected it in the first reply.

CreTree

The battery was really difficult going into the saw. Gentle gentle gentle, finally I got upset and gave it to it. No problem since. Like I said though, it still gives me trouble if the saw isn't sitting upright.

Merle Nelson

Batts have not been available for a while as far as I know. Heard the factory in Japan had a major issue - as in fire or explosion.

Anyone know about it or any availability on batts?

flyingsquirrel25

Still waiting on my batteries from treeStuff! They keep saying "in a couple weeks" or "by the end of the month". Thats going to really suck if they cant get them.

Merle Nelson

Saw sitting in the container for a couple of months waiting for a new battery factory to be built or whatever...all the sudden my mind engaged and started to work...somebody must have batteries somewhere. I googled the saw and started calling dealers that came up as having them. Sure enough a few days later two batts from two different suppliers arrive at my door.

I love this saw. Quiet, no fumes.
I do a lot of trimming of trees and this fits perfectly for that. Most enjoyable usage is for cuts 4 inches or less.

Annoying qualities are that it 'hanges up' or catches in a cut and you have to let off the trigger and get back on it to continue operation. Also it is slow in a cut bigger than about 4 inches. (I'm used to power house top handle saws that do fine on full 16 inch cuts.) Also it comes stock with a 12 inch bar and I will try the 14 inch max length both for reach and because 12 inch is not nose heavy enough for me.

Treespotter

Also it comes stock with a 12 inch bar and I will try the 14 inch max length both for reach and because 12 inch is not nose heavy enough for me.
Don't even think about it!
As you said, it works comfortably in 4 inch. You once in a while can bury the 12 inch too but I tested it with a newly developed Husqvarna saw chain. The chain was perfect, but I had to use a 14 inch bar to do so and that combo (14 inch on the 536) is a no go!

Stick to the 12 inch, 14 is really way too much.
The only reason why the Husqvarna engineers put it up for use with a 14 inch bar is to please the American market! This last remark is no joke, that's what he told me myself when I referred to the 14 inch bar stated in the owners manual.

Merle Nelson

Ahh, thanks Treespotter, that is great information. Now, just to be clear, I only want a 14 inch bar for reach and to have the saw a little more nose heavy. Is it also a "no go" just pulling the extra 2 inches of chain when making 4 inch and smaller cuts?

I appreciate your first hand perspective by the way.

Treespotter

Is it also a "no go" just pulling the extra 2 inches of chain when making 4 inch and smaller cuts?

I appreciate your first hand perspective by the way.
No, that's no problem. But when you start to like the saw like I do you will definitely go beyond those four inches. That means you end up with the 536 cutting too big wood.
It hasn't damaged mine, but multiple times a day cutting big wood shouldn't be done with this tophandle pruning saw.