Stein x2 spurs

SomethingWitty

hey does anyone have any recommendations on how to adjust my x2s to make them more comfortable?
I've never worn any Stein spurs. I have tried a few sets though, and my answer was throw them out and get a set of geckos.
Just as seriously, uncomfortable spurs are usually a boot-spur issue. Be sure your boots are supportive enough that it doesn't dig in to the arch of your foot. There are probably some sort of pad upgrades for it. Most spurs have options there.
Velcro lower straps are a lovely option if you don't have them.

I have no idea which things actually apply to the X2s, but can't be bothered to look them up. There are like 3 or 4 majorly noteworthy models and the rest seem to just be some spikes.
Welcome to the forum.

Raise the pad up about half an inch higher than it is and it makes a huge difference, I went from caddy pads to the steins and almost threw them out of the tree on my first climb. Did a bit of research and read about raising the pad and I have been happy since- about 2 years. Good luck

joezilla11

I had an idea once about putting replacements padding from caddy pads on the stein pads but just haven’t tried it yet. Seems like it’d be a lot more comfortable

rico

Get better spurs. The Climbright/Steins are poorly designed, and frankly the worst spur I have ever climbed in. YMMV.
Buck Titaniums, Buck Alloys, Gecko's, and Bashlins are all wonderful spurs, and would serve you well for a very long time.
Once again, get some boots that are built for spur climbing!