SRT ropes article

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
I will definitely be considering a parallel core rope in the near future. I just assumed that they shed the cover easily. I never bothered looking it up.
Tachyon just feels so good in your hand.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Great article Paul. I have been holding out on changing from Yale 11.7. But this article has convinced me to try new parallel core lines.

SoftBankHawks

I will definitely be considering a parallel core rope in the near future. I just assumed that they shed the cover easily. I never bothered looking it up.
Tachyon just feels so good in your hand.
The thinner cover is compensated by the tightness of the braiding and high strand count. I guess I wrote that in the article though ! I still have not tried Yale's 'Scandere', am interested to see how much stretch it has.

Grafted_In

Is there an english version? Can't read Japanese...

Really interested in vega! Sounds great but dont see too many guys using it. Gotta experiment myself...

evo

I will go xstatic and marlow vega
I can’t speak much to Vega, I have a short chunk that I haven’t tried yet. However the cover seems very robust compared to other static lines.
Haven’t tried x-static but seems like it’s a stiffer line
Coming from Yale 11.7s I love drenaline. So far it’s a great all around rope. Does wonders on the wrench, Akimbo, and hitch climber in double rope configuration. The cover is freaking tight and a little slippery, but I climb moss lichen covered trees so my lines get slimed pretty quickly.

Grafted_In

Thanks for re-sharing the link and insight, Paul. Interesting read for sure. I just watched your latest railwork video and noticed youre on a runner with drenaline (the table in the article says you were using the wrench and drenaline). After some use, do you still like drenaline? Seems like a lot of feedback says it is too bouncy for most. Also, noticed the wrench on vega. How is that going?

SoftBankHawks

Thanks for re-sharing the link and insight, Paul. Interesting read for sure. I just watched your latest railwork video and noticed youre on a runner with drenaline (the table in the article says you were using the wrench and drenaline). After some use, do you still like drenaline? Seems like a lot of feedback says it is too bouncy for most. Also, noticed the wrench on vega. How is that going?
Hello and thanks.
While I do like non-stretchy lines I don’t dislike ropes such as Tachyon and Drenaline, after all the stretch is there for a very good reason. I use top anchors exclusively for work so there tends to be less rope in my systems anyway.
The chap on drenaline and the Runner is Sekine san aka Monster, and that was me on the Vega and Runner..I love the combo.

Grafted_In

Good to hear about the vega/wrench combo! Why your preference of the wrench over runner for work? Not saying one should be better than the other, just that it’s good to hear different opinions. What hitch cord setup are you using? Looks like epicord?

SoftBankHawks

Good to hear about the vega/wrench combo! Why your preference of the wrench over runner for work? Not saying one should be better than the other, just that it’s good to hear different opinions. What hitch cord setup are you using? Looks like epicord?
None of the hybrid device’s lower part function as well as the hitch climber and when I tried the Eccentric pulley last year I put my Bone in storage. The Wrench is a looong system but that is my only gripe....well, that and it taking a little more time to install on rope. I have been enjoying two diameters of cord from Sterling, I can’t recal the name right now.

Brocky

The hitch on the left, the Matt Cornell, works very good under the Wrench and moving rope system, but if the eye legs are kept very short, it can also be used in SRT. The right one is the Synergy X, somewhat long, but tying it tight with firm cord makes it work. Both of these were presented by others.

This next one on the left is the Oval VT, a 4-2 VT that has an overhand knot for the second braid. The oval carabiner helps with the friction of the top braid, and put a bend in the rope. I’ve been using this one about five years. I recently came up with the right one, the Stitch Hitch, that works the same, but uses a small ring to confine the twist, that is used in place of the overhand. The tension of the wraps can be adjusted by moving the overhand, or the twist, slightly up or down.

I’m now replacing the wraps with other hitches, adding the small ring and twist to allow them to be used on a fixed line, the Michoacán, Distel, and Knut H.

All the above function like hitches on the Wrench, HH, or a moving rope system.