sprayer type


New Member
The company that I am working for now is looking to purchase a spray rig. In the past I have used nothing but diaphram pumps driven by gas engines. For maintenance reasons we were thinking of using a 12v electric motor driven pump system. What we are wondering is if we can get what we need out of a 12v system? What do/does you (your company) use? (We will be spraying and fertilizing.)

Mark Chisholm

We just ordered a rig that is run by:

· PTO Driven Udor Beta150 Diaphragm Pump (40 GPM, 700PSI)

· Remote Mounted Suction Strainer, High Capacity ARAG Style with On/OFF Valve


New Member
12V will only dissappoint you, the coverage is limited to ground-hugging shrubbery.

Consider piston/diaphram/centrifigal w/ horsepower. Then browse for the electrostatic option...charged spray particles for reduction of drift and adherence to leaf surface.


New Member
I agree with OW - you're not going to spray much more than boxwood with a 12v.

Udor pumps are the way to go. We have 9 coupled with Honda engines (10th ordered). The first one we bought is 12 years old and have never done anything to it other than change diaphragms every other year.


New Member
Thanks guys,

Talked with the sales rep from Minnesota Wanner and we decided to go with a Wanner piston pump coupled to a Honda engine. We are limited to the size because we want to use it on our utilty truck.

Tree Wizard where in SE WI are you from?