Splice a second bridge onto lower d's?

RBJtree

As well as I can tell, by Samson's instructions 55" would be the shortest a 16 strand eye to eye could be. ( 22" bury on each side + an 11" overlapping tapper) Nick makes one about 36" on his tree u splicing video. So, how short can the bury before the 11" overlapping tapper be?

Worthaug

As well as I can tell, by Samson's instructions 55" would be the shortest a 16 strand eye to eye could be. ( 22" bury on each side + an 11" overlapping tapper) Nick makes one about 36" on his tree u splicing video. So, how short can the bury before the 11" overlapping tapper be?
It’s not much different than a 12 strand hollow braid, so, a 22” eye to eye is totally doable. Or shorter...

Brocky

I think I would start with the regular instructions of having 8 strands length full diameter, next reduce to half diameter, and from that point gradually taper to the ends, overlapping these gradual tapers from both ends. Make sure to figure in there will be some expansion, and thus shortening, where the full diameter and reduction section are buried.

Forgot: core gets removed.