Spider Lift Comparison

Baja Mike

I can only compare what I saw at the TCI expo. I spent a bit of time looking over the various lifts. Looking to purchase for the upcoming spring season.
I loved the tracked lift for its ruggedness every part of the machine is protected and it looks extremely well built.
The price of the 89 is a little prohibitive and at 11,300lbs it would put me into CDL towing territory.
The 72 would be great buts it's a touch short.
The EZ lift motor is exposed their team seems great to work with.
The CMC reach and weight is nice along with the price although some electronics are exposed. I read they had a bunch of issues on earlier units. Does anyone know if they are resolved?
What's the difference between the tracked lif and the Omni?
Not interested in a nifty sd64
Let's keep this going post questions or comments.
I will demo a couple units and leave my thoughts on them.
What company is the largest,best support and been around the longest?
I am in NJ if anyone owns a lift I would love to come out and work with it for a day even on the ground to see it in action.
Looking forward to the replies
Thanks Mike

ATH

I visited them all there too. I'm a little longer away from buying but what better time to compatible. I liked the All Access and Reach Master. My understanding is that Reach Master introduced them to the tree care market.

I've never used one so am by no means a good source for knowledge....but first impressions led me towards those. Looking forward to hearing what others have experienced!

tc262

The price of the 89 is a little prohibitive and at 11,300lbs it would put me into CDL towing territory.
Depends what the tow vehicle is. A one ton truck or van (usually 11 or 12k gross) can tow a 14k equipment trailer and stay under cdl. 450/4500 series trucks generally have a 15k gross and would put you into cdl range.

Jackjcc

I’ve been running the 72’ tracked lift for over a year. I honestly feel it’s the best lift for the money. The only thing that needs to happen if you get it though is that the same person should run it everyday and be responsible for it. It’s so specialized that it needs a dedicated operator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omme. Have had ours 5 years and work it every day. Diesel/battery combo, reach and height make it our opinion the best for tree care operations. More tree services have the Omme than any other lift for a reason.

jim454

I owned the Tuepen and this is what I recommend,

Stay away from servos
Stay away from internal hoses.

Thats all I got, good luck.

macswan

We rent a tuepen, and it's a big pain in the ass. Our lift guy has gotten stranded in it twice, and the rental shop has had to send repair guys out to sites we were on.

Baja Mike

Great responses are Omme and Tracked lift the same brand? Why Omme over Tracked? I like the price of the 72' but think I need the mid 80' height to be able to piece out the typical 85' red oaks in the area instead of having to climb out of the bucket. The side reach is also huge to be able to hit multiple trees from 1 setup.

I can only compare what I saw at the TCI expo. I spent a bit of time looking over the various lifts. Looking to purchase for the upcoming spring season.
I loved the tracked lift for its ruggedness every part of the machine is protected and it looks extremely well built.
The CMC reach and weight is nice along with the price although some electronics are exposed. I read they had a bunch of issues on earlier units. Does anyone know if they are resolved?
I am in NJ if anyone owns a lift I would love to come out and work with it for a day even on the ground to see it in action.
Thanks Mike
Hello hello
Thanks Mike
Hi Mike
To answer your question regarding Tracked Lifts and Omme lifts:
Tracked Lifts Inc is the exclusive US importer and distributor of two brands of spider lifts: Platform Basket and Omme.
The Platform Basket offers 72' and 89' Arborist units and the Omme brand has a hybrid power 90' model 2750RX.
You can find all info on our website : www.Trackedlifts.com
Thanks
Mike, TrackedLifts Inc

Tracked lift has an 80’ lift now that is similar in size and shape to the 72’

Howdie
Tracked Lifts is offering actually an 89' Arborist lift with 50' side reach that shares a lot of characteristics with the 72' Arborist.
Both units will fit thru 36" gates, both have backup 12v battery power and both have the complete outrigger, chassis and boom shield package and both allow to achieve their maximum sidereach at ground level without first rising the lower boom to its full height.
The 89'er has two outrigger settings, narrow and wide, and its the only unit on the market that allows the operator to work over the narrowly set outriggers (you get only 35'of side reach then).
You can see specs at http://trackedlifts.com/pages/platformbasket2714.php
We have a video at
Thanks for your interest
Mike

UP Equip

Bonjour!
Best wishes for 2018!
Merci!

Attachments

Jeff_Cochran

I ended up going with Lenny @allaccess equipment for a 2017 cmc 83hd+ and a 2018 Isuzu nrr + new saddle and tool boxs along with a new bed all of it installed and delivered to Memphis for a total of 192k +tax. Lenny had the best customer service, hands down. He always answered the phone or called back in a timely manner. In fact, he is the only one that returned my phone calls and left voicemail. I spoke to Lenny several times for over an hour and a half each time asking question and listening to his answers. He did not get frustrated one time. He also set up a demo with myself and another company to look the machine over while he was traveling through the area. On the last phone call I had with him before committing to the purchase, we spoke for around two hours while I was driving back from Akron Ohio from a failed used bucket truck purchase (the truck was junk. Bait and switch from the pics he sent me. I would have sued for travel expenses, but it was the most expensive lesson I have ever learned so cheaply.) after Lenny and I talked I realized that I could have a new truck with a new bed and a new lift for a payment I could afford if I used the money I was going to pay for the bucket as a down payment on the lift and truck. After the deal started Kathy in the office was extremely easy to work with and timely to boot. The machine is fantastic as it has the ability to self load on and off a truck quickly. It also has the ability to be a rear mount bucket as well. Lenny also negotiated the deal on the isuzu nrr and got the truck for around 11k cheaper than I could have myself! Even if I could have negotiated that deal; I didn't have to go waste my valuable time arguing with a truck salesman that knows I need his product and will only be buying a few units over the next couple of years vs Lenny who is going to sell 35-40 Isuzu units this year alone! Go with all access their customer service does not disappoint.

Last edited:
I ended up going with Lenny @allaccess equipment for a 2017 cmc 83hd+ and a 2018 Isuzu nrr + new saddle and tool boxs along with a new bed all of it installed and delivered to Memphis for a total of 192k +tax. Lenny had the best customer service, hands down. He always answered the phone or called back in a timely manner. In fact, he is the only one that returned my phone calls and left voicemail. I spoke to Lenny several times for over an hour and a half each time asking question and listening to his answers. He did not get frustrated one time. He also set up a demo with myself and another company to look the machine over while he was traveling through the area. On the last phone call I had with him before committing to the purchase, we spoke for around two hours while I was driving back from Akron Ohio from a failed used bucket truck purchase (the truck was junk. Bait and switch from the pics he sent me. I would have sued for travel expenses, but it was the most expensive lesson I have ever learned so cheaply.) after Lenny and I talked I realized that I could have a new truck with a new bed and a new lift for a payment I could afford if I used the money I was going to pay for the bucket as a down payment on the lift and truck. After the deal started Kathy in the office was extremely easy to work with and timely to boot. The machine is fantastic as it has the ability to self load on and off a truck quickly. It also has the ability to be a rear mount bucket as well. Lenny also negotiated the deal on the isuzu nrr and got the truck for around 11k cheaper than I could have myself! Even if I could have negotiated that deal; I didn't have to go waste my valuable time arguing with a truck salesman that knows I need his product and will only be buying a few units over the next couple of years vs Lenny who is going to sell 35-40 Isuzu units this year alone! Go with all access their customer service does not disappoint.

Let see a pic..