Speedlines

Discussion in 'Rigging and Roping' started by GezelligHomes, May 4, 2017.

1. hseII

hseII Active Member

Absolutely on the sewn webbing straps being inexpensive.

I'll look at those for future needs.

chipper1 and 96coal449 like this.
  2. GezelligHomes

GezelligHomes New Member

No williamsport Pa lol

3. Kris Anderson

Kris Anderson Active Member

Everytime I ordered something from treestuff I would add five 36" loop runners . Now I have 15, and like worthaug said if you keep em on a rotation it's crazy how fast the branches come off the tree

hseII and NorCalBrock like this.
  4. monkeylove

monkeylove Well-Known Member

Speedline bouquet for Fathers Day.
    20170617_113801.jpg

5. hseII

hseII Active Member

6. TheTreeSpyder

TheTreeSpyder Well-Known Member

These babies can change your whole game, on every rig, in every way every day.
    1 of the best things i ever did was commit to carrying a handful up on every climb.
    Make Bowline in rigging line, and every load gets a sling/krab that clips to Bowline eye;
    >> quicker ground return to already waiting targets with slings/krab sets on them ready to go, best position already adjusted 3x
    send down a couple this time
    maybe use another sling/krab set to bend the line out of way to perfect point etc.
    >> reusable, modular quick connections, pulley holders, line benders, handle on stob, PENALTY FLAG TO BE SEEN FALLING FROM TREE LOUDER THAN /OVER NOISY CHIPPER, balance your self better, hold drink etc. multi-function modular connection, speed lining don't come close ways to use these!
    >>i'd say never leave home/ground with out 'em
    >>don't make L-earning curve steeper/longer by not having them there with you to be creative and find existing paths/leaving in truck must factor in grounds finding and sending up etc. >> carry'em!
    BUT, is best if sling is free roaming for even wearing,
    >>but even captive eye allowing roaming has a certain risk.
    Can TOO EASILY get 1 leg of sling back thru krab gate
    >>if plain krab sling just in there, will fall off safely
    BUT if 1 leg steps back thru gate on krab and sling is tied or 'eyed' on krab
    >>WILL NOT DISARM/FALL OFF
    will appear fully functional but only knot or captive eye not shearing holds to krab
    >>captive eye can shear off very quickly, knot will hold some
    >> but neither is equivalent to sling properly set on krab, legs positioned right (whether plain, knot or eye)
    edit:home now
    [​IMG]
    Just another reason to re-post Dave Spenscer's speedline animation (almost 20yrs old?)
    >>notice how sling/krabs also used to redirect line
    >>can flex rear piece to front on hinge, pulling thru prussik to gain/maintain purchase
    >>notice near end is even used to pullover top piece on hinge for slower hit, while ground control is pulling slack thru prussik
    >>note the spread load of several krabs on big piece,keep load higher etc.
    finish by flipping line from high krab to crotch or around high stob and dropsy daisy!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017