Special Edition Kernmaster 11mm

Acerxharlowii

Ok. Does not like mechanicals at all. Flattenned really bad with rr and cbdb and can’t dial it in adjusting both. Did work great with rope wrench and HH2. Of course this was just up and down in the basement. Anyone have experience with kernmaster?

Last edited:

evo

Some like it. I found it hard to grip, bouncy (not my style), and fragile cover. This was with the nylon core.. the poly would take care of 1 of three. 1.5% is pretty damn static.

Acerxharlowii

The stretch isnt bad at all. It just doesn’t work that great with mechanicals. I dont know maybe I need to bomb out of some trees

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Just climbed on it yesterday. It is good solid rope. No bounce. But slick cover. Needs a few climbs. Only used a wrench and it was nice when I switched from a VT to michoacan . Seems like 10.5. Will be a good rope. Got tired of the stretch in kernmaster.

Acerxharlowii

Just climbed on it yesterday. It is good solid rope. No bounce. But slick cover. Needs a few climbs. Only used a wrench and it was nice when I switched from a VT to michoacan . Seems like 10.5. Will be a good rope. Got tired of the stretch in kernmaster.
Yeah it held nice on the hh2 and wrench with Distel hitch and Knut. I found four wrap Michoacan was to lose and five wrap to tight, I weigh 185 with gear

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Yeah it held nice on the hh2 and wrench with Distel hitch and Knut. I found four wrap Michoacan was to lose and five wrap to tight, I weigh 185 with gear
I am similar weight. The hitchcord I used was well worn epi 9.3. It was far from perfect. But it held. I was on a rec climb in South Carolina and truly had a not too great time with a new rope messing around. But will dial it in when I reurn home.

Acerxharlowii

I am similar weight. The hitchcord I used was well worn epi 9.3. It was far from perfect. But it held. I was on a rec climb in South Carolina and truly had a not too great time with a new rope messing around. But will dial it in when I reurn home.
Yeah mine was 9.3 epi too. Try the Distel I think that worked the best for me even on a slick new cover