Southeast contract climbing

JoshR

I’m looking into doing some contract climbing for 1-3 week stints starting maybe later this year or earlier next year. This idea, for me, is for it to be a short-term supplemental income as I hope to grow a business in my area. I’ve got a family to care for and prefer to keep things relatively close. Experienced climber, over 10 years in tree work. Comp experience, up to date rigging practices, Taking my arb cert test this summer. Insured. Class b cdl.

Pm for further convo. Thanks!

JoshR

Where are you in AL. Local Tree Co here looking for climber and will assist in relocate. East AL./West GA.
I’m not really looking to go full time with another company right now. Just looking to contract. I’m in tuscaloosa.

southsoundtree

@JoshR

Pics speak a thousand words.

Details!

Up to date rigging practices to some people means 'knotless rigging' and others it means double-whip tackle, GRCS, span-rigging, 'Speed-line King'-ing it up!;)

Pruning skills? Wide tree climbing skills? Conifer climbing skills? Felling skills?

How is your safety-planning, crew leadership, etc, etc.
Does comp-experience mean you're always a Tie-in-Twice climber, limb-walker, modern speed-ascender or skilled footlocker?

Driving record and experience, beyond licensing, etc, etc.

If you don't say/ show it, don't expect anyone to assume it.
I have learned that most people oversell themselves, smaller numbers undersell themselves/ don't see how high they are in the overall skill-set.

Good luck!

JoshR

@JoshR

Pics speak a thousand words.

Details!

Up to date rigging practices to some people means 'knotless rigging' and others it means double-whip tackle, GRCS, span-rigging, 'Speed-line King'-ing it up!;)

Pruning skills? Wide tree climbing skills? Conifer climbing skills? Felling skills?

How is your safety-planning, crew leadership, etc, etc.
Does comp-experience mean you're always a Tie-in-Twice climber, limb-walker, modern speed-ascender or skilled footlocker?

Driving record and experience, beyond licensing, etc, etc.

If you don't say/ show it, don't expect anyone to assume it.
I have learned that most people oversell themselves, smaller numbers undersell themselves/ don't see how high they are in the overall skill-set.

Good luck!
Thanks for the tips. Honestly I don’t take many pics. That’s something I’ll have to do. Maybe some kind of portfolio would be a good idea. Maybe a phone conversation could also be somewhat telling.