Some Ohio Stuff

ATH

There are usually unused scholarships for Camp Canopy too...so if you know a student who wants to go, call OFA and they may be able to help connect kids with some $ to go.

Last edited:

JeffGu

Thank you guys for posting this. That's a class act, right there. Entire forests have been burned to the ground from some idiot throwing a cigarette butt out the window of their car. It only takes a small spark to light a fire... send a kid to a learning environment like this, and you might send them down a career path that lasts a lifetime. Too many people look at education assistance as some form of welfare. That's sad. Scholarship programs result in people with real aptitude finding a path they otherwise might never have been exposed to, and society is repaid many times over when they shine that light on their chosen field of study or interest.

I'm almost tempted to stop making fun of you guys and the state of Ohio.

Emphasis on the almost part. :whistle:

JD3000

Dawes Arboreteum plant sale is saturday if you need some cool stuff. I went today to beat the public as they'll hook up municipalities and other organizations.

ATH

new Ohio Stuff....

Are you familiar with the Ohio Independent Arborists Association? Read more here: http://ohioarborist.org/ or search on Facebook.

Spread the word:
We want to expand on what they have been doing and bring it to NW Ohio (under same organizational umbrella, just different region). To that end, a group of Arborists is going to discuss starting a "branch" of the OIAA in NW Ohio on October 26, 2018. Meet us at the Toledo Museum of Art Glass Pavilion at Blarney Irish Pub (601 Monroe St, Toledo). 4:00-6:00 (after the NW Urban Forestry Conference). From there we'll head to The Blarney in Toledo around 4:30 or 5:00. Meet us there if you can't make it to the Museum. We will discuss dates and topics for an inaugural workshop & other events and would like your input! PM me if you think you can make it just so we have a rough head count.

Edited: We'll just meet at The Blarney at 4 instead of trying to gather at the Museum then moving again...

Last edited: