Smaller top handle recommendation needed

Stephen Moore

As much as I've cursed the Echos & their throw away under powered / heavy designs... I've got to say, that newer small one has my eye on it.. I have a feeling id have to have it modified for me to accept the power level & give a thumbs up... but never the less.. the minature size is very appealing..

With that said.. I'm not sure how heavy the battery powered ones are & i can't see them having power on par with gasser, but you absolutely touched on something when you mentioned the fact that the motor shuts itself down after a certain temp/workload.. That's absolute BS.. As a professional, you should not have to deal with that.. shit.. not even at a consumer level.. but these companies are so quick to jump on the Green wagon they push these products out there with these defects as if they are there newest proven technology.. I'm sorry but if i have to stop & wait for a peice of equipment (not just any peice of equipment but my main tool), i consider that tool heavily flawed.. Yes, i believe it's a flaw/defect even though it's programmed to do it.. as it's not a desireable trait to have a tool that doesn't work.. most would call that broken.. kno what i mean?

The shutting down has probably been around forever but I've only recently experienced it when swapping out this old cordless drill that refused to die.. It was so old & batteries have come so far in the meantime that i figured I'd be getting some primo tool compared to what i had before.. With the old one, it would just die... then i recharge & boom done.. no problem, no drama.. However this new one, i have to stop in the middle of what I'm doing & freaking wait?? Are you kidding me?? That's absolute BS. I was very irritated when I found this out.. I'll tell you straight up, there's plenty of low cost high power/high drain capable batteries out there.. why their not in these tools beats the hell out of me.

If the B-Saws are acting the same as my drill, i hate to imagine the potientially dangerous/destructive situations they can put me/you in.. To have a scenario where your cutting & you let off the trigger & the next time you pull it nothing happens?... well.. i don't think i have to say much more ...

Steve.. what happens with that? Do you have any warning it's about to happen?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
You know, that’s funny- I’ve had the saw stop because it bogged in a cut, when they are out of juice they just stop! But I have yet to experience thermal overload. I have both batteries too. I must say that I only use the electrics on branches and tops, as soon as the wood hits 8” or so I immediately swap out to a more appropriate saw. But that said, if I’m doing medium small birch, there isn’t much branch and you are into 8” or better wood pretty quickly- I just use a 200t to avoid the need to swap. But the electrics are the bomb for skinning branches on tall connies- no pull cords- no exhaust- no engine running when not in use! Less noise in areas where that can be an issue, and less vibration which ultimately is easier on wrists and fingers. No they aren’t perfect, but I like em. One important detail though- they must be sharp!

colb

Very satisfied with my stock cs2511t. I would like it even more with a pico chain and 1/4 tip sprocket bar. Cracks me up that they could come so close to a blazing saw right out of the box, then come up a tad short and leave Stihl in the market.

Birdyman88

You know, I called Echo about the chain gauge and they said that saw in 12" comes with the .043" standard. But, every retailer I spoke with that had a 12" said it had the .050" - they opened the box and looked. Echo makes the .043" bar and chain for that saw though. Surprised that they didn't make that standard for the saw. Good news is that Echos .050" 3/8p takes the same 5/32 (4mm) files I use for the Stihl .043" 3/8p which I have several saws using. But Echos .043" takes a 4.5mm file, which I don't own. This info is what's listed on their bar and chain guide online, hope it's right, lol..

Z'sTrees

I haven't seen an echo branded .043 bar for the 2511 yet. Word on the street is the will be selling it with a 1/4p option here in the states soon. The parts are available to convert it already.
That being said I just threw a loop of stihl 63pm on there and it was night and day from the Oregon pxl chatter chain. Roped out a hickory stem down to bar length and the saw never felt under powered. My t540 just sits in the truck now.

Birdyman88

The echo .043 bar PN is 12A4CD3745C in case anyone is interested. We gotta quit talking about the 1/4", cause I keep seeing a second 2511 when I go to my happy place! I gotta stop doing that.

Last edited:

monkeylove

Well since I already own to many saws for wood cutting, I decided that what I needed was a display saw. So I talked to Rich (West Coast Muscle Saws) toady and bought one of his CS2511T
limited edition display saws with the Buckshot muffler. Should have it in about 7/10 days with the holiday.

Birdyman88

Well since I already own to many saws for wood cutting, I decided that what I needed was a display saw. So I talked to Rich (West Coast Muscle Saws) toady and bought one of his CS2511T
limited edition display saws with the Buckshot muffler.
Don't those come with a Huey Lewis and the News CD as well as a reservation at Dorsia?

Jackjcc

I emailed the Saw King about his west coast 2511’s. They are $875 if anybody is curious, shipping included I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barc Buster

I emailed the Saw King about his west coast 2511’s. They are $875 if anybody is curious, shipping included I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
875 screw that! The muffler mod is easy to do yourself. Just a couple gills with a dremel type grinder. Be sure to pull the little red limit tabs from the carb with a drywall screw.

20180831_092646.jpg

I don't remember how much the chain conversion was, but if you want the parts for the 1/4" chain contact Nate at: https://performanceoutdoorequipment.com/m/index.htm

Really all these saws need, but if you wanted to advance the timing there are plenty over at ope forum to walk you through that.

southsoundtree

What Stihl bar and chain are people using on the cs2511t? Is the sprocket compatible or does it need to be changed?

Thanks.

Z'sTrees

I believe it's the bar off the 150t ( if you're asking about 1/4p) you need the echo 1/4 sprocket as well. If you're talking about the narrow kerf/ picco bar it's the same part numbers as a ms192 or 170 and the sprocket stays the same