Shipping Costs?

SarahFree

Hello!
I just joined this website because I didn't know who to ask. My boyfriend collects chainsaws... he currently has over 157 at last count. And I'm probably crazy but I'm trying to surprise him with more.
I found a guy who's going to sell me 6 of them for $300... I dont know the specifics on the saws because it is someone my boyfriend has dealt with in the past and I just contacted him and said "hey, I know this guy, John, has been asking about a few saws and I'd like to surprise him".
He sent me pictures of the saws and they look really nice, but he's not sure how much they will cost to ship until he actually packs them up and goes to ship them out.

Does anyone have any idea how much I'm looking at for shipping 6 saws?

And if anyone has any ideas on how I could surprise him with them, let me know!

39Buick

I don’t think you could get an accurate price until he has them packed! You could use usps or ups or any of the common carriers and estimate size and weight to get a rough idea. Good luck!

SarahFree

Ask him for a ballpark guess...tell him to aim high so you are not surprised.
He gave me a ballpark of approximately $100 but I feel like it's a little low. I wanted worst case scenario, and he thinks the package will weigh approximately 80 pounds. The last chainsaw I bought was $65 shipping so I feel like shipping six for only $100 is a good deal

39Buick

Did a quick quote on UPS.com and for 80# package from Your zip code to mine the cost was $135.00 standard ground shipping! I know weight and size of box determine the cost!

Try it from his zip code to yours here! Hit the quote button on left and the popup window will get you on the right track!
https://www.ups.com/us/en/Home.page

ATH

If he is a commercial shipper, he pays a lot less than you and I... and most of the cost is getting the box there...extra weight for $35 sounds about right.