Sherrillstuff? Treestuff sold?

Bob Bob

I just read this today on another forum. Tell me it not true. I don't want to believe everything I've read. Have they sold to the Walmart of tree gear?

Yes but it will still be ran by treestuff there is a very long thread on here about it.. I believe they are changing the "abr " name as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonner1040

Yes we merged with Sherrill Tree.

My team and I, with Luke are still 100% in charge of the TreeStuff brand, and web store.

I am doing my best to keep TreeStuff weird! Have no fear.

They are really pissing me off with the daily, sometimes twice daily emails about a "free" crappy notch carabiner. Why don't you just give me that caribiner when I order something? That was the old treestuff.
I always hated sherrill, I'm heading over to wesspur for my next purchases.

bonner1040

They are really pissing me off with the daily, sometimes twice daily emails about a "free" crappy notch carabiner. Why don't you just give me that caribiner when I order something? That was the old treestuff.
I always hated sherrill, I'm heading over to wesspur for my next purchases.
You should only receive an email about a free carabiner if you signed up for emails about a free carabiner. And never twice in a day. Can you please forward me those

Ok, sorry. It was the emails about new elderid climbing gaffs (which do look cool) that I received twice in a day and it was because my inbox has two email accounts which y'all have both. The caribiner one is still very frequent though and I do not recall soliciting them. I have a bad memory so it is possible I did.

My opinion remains the same, way to much marketing from TS. I remember when y'all prided yourselves on not marketing via email, but gaining customer loyalty via head buffs, safety glasses, cool bonus tools, extra feet of prusik chord, etc... (Aka, useful stuff). I'm not seeing that anymore, it's cool though, it was nice while it lasted.

Sorry for dissing y'all.

bonner1040

Appreciate the feedback. We definitely send more email now than in years past, that's true. If you prefer to only get order related emails you can always unsubscribe from our teams marketing stuff.

FYI: We just got a ton of cool buffs in and they are going out with all the orders.

As far as the free carabiner promotion, I thought that was a pretty good deal, unfortunately we just can't afford to throw a carabiner in every single order so having to click the box on the email to get it is the next best option. We are doing similar stuff with the trucker hats and probly beanies later in the season.

Thank you for giving your feedback. It's important to me to understand what is important so we can focus our efforts on delivering what people want.

flyingsquirrel25

focus our efforts on delivering what people want.
The old TreeStuff back! The wonderful innovation instead of imitation. The "spark" is gone. For a long time interesting things came from the "lab", now it seems like throw line, throw bags, another brush cart, dynamic cable etc. is all that is new and "exciting". Focusing too much time on rebranding someone else's stuff instead of innovating.
I used to get an email once every 3 or 4 months now it's 2 or 3 a week. A company that does good things doesn't need to market this way, your customers would do that for you... like it was. I'm not mad, upset or angry. I still order from you guys, sure not as much, but if I were to rate the company 3.5 outa 5. It's just my opinion, not targeted at anyone and not meant to be harsh. Just feedback.

96coal449

I didn't know the old Treestuff for long, but I sure do miss it. I'm definitely not a fan off Sherrill Tree.
I am still a Treesuff customer. TS service is definitely top NOTCH.
We definitely send more email now than in years past, that's true. If you prefer to only get order related emails you can always unsubscribe from our teams marketing stuff
I don't mind the small increase in emails. It's easy to decipher which ones I want to open and read or delete.
I do thank you all at TS for not completely selling out to ST. If you guys and gals were not involved at all I'd have to be a strictly Wesspur customer.

I never knew the old Treestuff but, as far as the new one... my orders shipped quickly and for free, I got one of those sweat band things with each order and they sent me an extra Austrian Chainsaw Lanyard. No complaints from me. I could care less about marketing e mails, I just unsubscribe.

Edit: I do have one complaint... I tried calling three times during the week, during normal business hours and no one ever answered the phone.

bonner1040

I never knew the old Treestuff but, as far as the new one... my orders shipped quickly and for free, I got one of those sweat band things with each order and they sent me an extra Austrian Chainsaw Lanyard. No complaints from me. I could care less about marketing e mails, I just unsubscribe.

Edit: I do have one complaint... I tried calling three times during the week, during normal business hours and no one ever answered the phone.

Thanks. I'm gonna talk to Joe and see if it's time to add more phone staff.

I still appreciate TreeStuff but my comment is on the shipping. I live about 3 hours from Indianapolis and before the sale I would get everything via UPS the next day. Now it seems a number of items come via USPS and they are horribly slow being government. So it's usually two sometimes three days.

I know there's a cost difference or four things would not have changed. But the $1 - $5 saved on each shipment is costing my company when I can't get tools as I need them.

I will still be buying from TreeStuff but I wanted @bonner1040 to know about this change that I have noticed. Anyway to get the speed back that was there before the merger would be appreciated. I'd even pay the $1-$5 difference -- but I understand that would be a nightmare to setup on the website.

--andrew

bonner1040

I still appreciate TreeStuff but my comment is on the shipping. I live about 3 hours from Indianapolis and before the sale I would get everything via UPS the next day. Now it seems a number of items come via USPS and they are horribly slow being government. So it's usually two sometimes three days.

I know there's a cost difference or four things would not have changed. But the $1 - $5 saved on each shipment is costing my company when I can't get tools as I need them.

I will still be buying from TreeStuff but I wanted @bonner1040 to know about this change that I have noticed. Anyway to get the speed back that was there before the merger would be appreciated. I'd even pay the $1-$5 difference -- but I understand that would be a nightmare to setup on the website.

--andrew
Those shipping changes have been in lace for about 2.5 years. You can always select the 9.99 premium service and it guarantees a ups/FedEx shipment. The cost difference for us is huge versus usps.

Thanks. I'm gonna talk to Joe and see if it's time to add more phone staff.

It may be time for more phone staff! Today was my first time ordering from TreeStuff and the counter on my phone was at 3 min 32 sec when someone finally answered the phone. The guy said I would get a receipt emailed to me, but that hasn't came yet, however I did get another promotional email from them since the order.