Shelter Tree Care Products website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by colb, Nov 30, 2017.

1. colb

colb Well-Known Member

I'm putting in my first order with Shelter - well, trying to. Noticed that I'm on attempt number five to input all my stuff. Issues:

Initial sign up required.

I submitted a password upon signing up. Then, an email was sent to my gmail account. I don't think I was informed that that email would be sent. I noticed it in my status bar right away. It included a password - different than the one I submitted.

The background needs improvement. Tiled images are... 1998ish. It's a distraction for me.

I cannot process my order of 6 items. On my fifth try right now...

The logout button is immediately next to the cart button and/or my thumbs are way too big... #facepalm

Hope this can be constructive. I'd like to see this website and company succeed.

Anyone else having these issues?

Are the Shelter folks on Treebuzz so I can include them?

TimBr and Worthaug like this.
  2. Worthaug

Worthaug Well-Known Member

Free your mind of comparisons and just wait for Melissa to get back to you. The entire Shelter crew is at New England Grows Expo through Friday this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colb likes this.
  3. SeanRuel

SeanRuel Active Member

Believe it or not their current website is a huge upgrade. They are having some growing pains , but are very good

TimberJack and Worthaug like this.
  4. CutHighnLetFly

CutHighnLetFly Well-Known Member

If you were to contact them with this feedback it can only help. They just dropped this new website so any user feedback is key. You have some patience tho, not sure I have te mental fortitude to reorder 5 times haha

TimBr and colb like this.
  5. treebeach

treebeach Member

Hey all - thanks so much for your patience with our new website growing pains. I have been working with our developers to address the issues that arise; frustrating to me too to say the least! (Releasing a big sigh as I type.)

Colb - feel free to PM me so I can call? I'd love to talk to you in person if you're okay with that?

Cheers,
    Melissa

6. TimBr

TimBr Well-Known Member

@colb; See above post.

colb likes this.
  7. colb

colb Well-Known Member

Hi Melissa, thank you for being present on Treebuzz. PM sent.

Thanks, @TimBr

oceans, treebeach and TimBr like this.
  8. TimBr

TimBr Well-Known Member

@treebeach; Hey, Melissa! Also glad to see you here on the TreeBuzz forum! I know someone from your company has been a member of the forum for a long time. I was just wondering if it has always been you, or if various people in the company use this account as a way to communicate with the members here. I don't recall reading anything from you folks before, so I'll need to go back and play "catch up".

I just wanted to mention the forum trick of using the "@" symbol before the screen name of a forum member here as a way to draw their attention to a post that you have made that might be of importance to them. No spaces allowed between the "@" symbol and the name, or the notification will not happen. It sends the message to the member in question that they've been "mentioned" in a post made by you. It saves you from having to hit the "reply" button on a post to quote the whole thing, just to try to get someone's attention.

I'd also like to say that it is obvious that you care what happens with this business you are involved in. I just wanted to let you know that I think getting things right with the online presence will cause the doors to get blown right off the hinges. Eliminating the impediments to a smooth online transaction, and creating product listings for each and every product you offer for sale will cause your business to explode with volume, much of it coming from the forum members right here, I'd expect. You'll need to hire more people, and plan for expanding necessary storage space. I think a slick website has the power to do all of that. Just look at Amazon. Efficiently placing orders and expediting shipping is their whole game, and they are taking over the world. Now that I think of it, since Amazon already has things slicked up, maybe you could partner with them, and put your highest selling items in their warehouses, to be shipped by them. Customers might be able to find a little section of the Amazon website that is devoted to your product line. I don't know what kind of percentage of the profit Amazon would require to do such a thing, but if it is not too expensive, it would be a way to increase the volume of business your company does, while offloading the shipping responsibilities to Amazon. Just a thought, maybe not a good one.

Best of luck with the business.

Tim

oceans, FreeFallin and RopeShield like this.
  9. treebeach

treebeach Member

@TimBr; Hey Tim - thanks a bunch for your reply back, very helpful indeed. Spoke to John @colb this morning, working on issues that y'all have brought up. Appreciate the feedback and the support.

We have lots of plans in the works; priority of course is to finish debugging and fine tuning our site - then on to other missions! We are a small company dedicated to customer service. Here in the northeast SHELTER tree is a known arborist supply company by most. The company owner is a fair and honest man who has been supplying trusted arborist supplies for over 25 years; he also happens to also be a great person. I joined the team back in July of 2015 and am proud to be working along side the members of this company.

Long story short... always room for improvement, if you're looking, and we always are. Cheers, M ;)

oceans, TimBr, CutHighnLetFly and 2 others like this.
  10. RopeShield

RopeShield Well-Known Member

@treebeach would love to buy and sell with you.
    I manufacture a product Treestuff used to sell but since the changes we have no one to work with in the USA.
    Like to refer a good organization to friends and clients in Canada and around the world.
    Best of luck

11. Flex Abednego

Flex Abednego Well-Known Member

@treebeach , i don’t know the logistics of web page design but it is a HUGE ATTRACTION to have the ability to read and leave reviews and rate each product. HUGE.

oceans, Worthaug and TimBr like this.
  12. treebeach

treebeach Member

@RopeShield; Thanks for reaching out. Send me a PM and let's start a conversation. Glad to review with you and see if your product is a right fit for us. Cheers!

13. treebeach

treebeach Member

@FlexAbednego: Thanks for that; working on reviews along with the points folks brought up earlier in the post.

A few edits already implemented:
    • tiling gone
    • background image much lighter; easier for reading
    Again - much appreciation all!

TimBr and colb like this.
  14. SeanRuel

SeanRuel Active Member

@treebeach

It you can, tighten up product groupings, ie rigging pulleys all in one place 24 strand climbing line... Also single page results for sub groupings. No one likes to click thru 7 pages to find the one rope their looking for.

Best of luck, the time is here to step it up!

ClimbMIT likes this.