Seeking Work Clothes

Discussion in 'WOTT- Women Of The Trees' started by Monarch25, May 17, 2017.

1. Monarch25

Monarch25 New Member

hello!
    Can anyone recommend some stores( either online or actual stores) where I can find arborist/construction pants that actually fit? I've been to quite a few different stores around Portland Oregon and I've been unsuccessful at finding women's work clothes. I've had to buy men's work clothes instead. Because I'm training to become a climber I'd like to get a pair of pants that actually fit .

Any suggestions?

2. hseII

hseII Well-Known Member

Treestuff.com

@Bonner

3. Waldo

Waldo Well-Known Member

unrelated, but please come up to the PDX TCC on June 17th. It is at Laurelhurst park this year! There will be a couple of female arborists up there that you could ask what pants they wear. I've heard good things about the red ants pants if your into a more carhart style pant.

4. evo

evo Well-Known Member

I think clogger are making female specific saw pants. They may not have them in their line up yet, but will do custom fitting. I would shoot off a email to them. Too bad you have to order from new zeland to buy work clothes

5. Harrison McPhee Inc.

Harrison McPhee Inc. New Member

I've heard Red Ant Pants are popular. Also try Gamineworkwear.com. The owner was the horticulturalist at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum and recognized a need for professional outdoor women to have proper fitting workwear. It's a great story...all USA made and on machines they used during WWII.

6. macswan

macswan Well-Known Member

Arborwear makes lady pants. Either canvas style work pant or climber style stretchy breathy pants. The latter are called ladies canopy pants. My wife got a pair and they fit her well. My friend @ladybird has a pair of the canvas style and I think she always liked those.

ladybird likes this.
  7. ladybird

ladybird Member

I dig the lady's canvas, but if you're climbing I might try going up a size so that you have room to move when climbing. They are really only good for winter and shoulder seasons. The arborwear ascender pants only come in men's sizes, but they are super stretchy and comfy. worth the price for a summer pant, I think and they have reinforced knees which the lady version doesn't. Hard to find summer weight pants for women. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. tc262

tc262 Well-Known Member

I second what Evo said. I've heard nothing but great things about Clogger, both about their customer support and their product.

9. Clogger

Clogger Member

Kia Ora Folks,

We've just finished off the Women's Zero Chainsaw Pants and they're available for pre-order now. Delivery could be expected late June/early July. All of our regular retail outlets will have access to them so they can be ordered in the normal manner. Attached is a the flyer and sizing chart. If there isn't a size you feel comfortable with we can always make a custom pair.

We're pretty excited about this and will be looking to release women's version of the entire range. Next up will be the Spider Climbing Pants.

Hopefully you all like them!

Kind regards,

Neil@Clogger

Attached Files:

ladybird likes this.