Scored a Mint 661cm

Birdyman88

Drove 200 miles down Alabama to make the deal, but it was worth it. It was in mint condition. Guy bought it for disaster relief but kept grabbing a smaller saw so this one saw very little wood.

So this guy, really nice fellow, tried to give me an older Stihl catalog. I politely declined. But he insisted. He had it open to the first page of saw section. I finally clued in that he was the guy on the double page spread. Stihl had selected him to be one of the Stihl real people for 2015. Anyway, hell of of nice guy and wish him well battling his illness. Worth the drive just to chat with this guy for an hour and a half.

Oh, and got to spend some quality time with my baby girl. She's home from USNA for a few weeks. Me and her have traveled at least 200,000 miles together over the years. Just like old times.

Attachments

Last edited:

Birdyman88

Sweet! Where'd you get them?

Man, I've had a tough time on eBay with the 661. Too many sketchy items. AM parts all over them, who knows what on the internals. People are putting new exterior parts on to make it look good, then you see that the rest of the saw isn't in the same condition. I'm really curious about the "new" Stihls being sold out there. Something is definitely awry there.

CanaryBoss

Sweet! Where'd you get them?

Man, I've had a tough time on eBay with the 661. Too many sketchy items. AM parts all over them, who knows what on the internals. People are putting new exterior parts on to make it look good, then you see that the rest of the saw isn't in the same condition. I'm really curious about the "new" Stihls being sold out there. Something is definitely awry there.
I have seen some Chinese remakes being done and sold for $700-800 new. Can’t attest to the quality though