Saluting branches 2019

Cereal_Killer

Anyone going?

Like last year I'll be at the Dayton national cemetery, 99% sure I'll be the only rec climber, probably the ONLY climber at all again. Would love to see past pics or hear stories or hear your plans for this year.

This was my big project last year (you can see me making my way over to the left side in this pic)

My plan this year, like last, is to do any pruning that trucks can't access. I do have some specific trees I identified as having some pretty major hazards last year I'd like to tackle again year but I'll prioritize any inaccessible trees on their list first.

@Bob Bob

39Buick

What a great Idea! This is the first I've heard of this event! I just sent them an email to try and get the National Cemetery in Fort Mitchell Alabama added to the list!
It would be real difficult for me to get to the next closest location, especially in the middle of the week!
@oldoakman would you care to join me? Or any other tree folks near this cemetery?

39Buick

I received a reply today and Saluting Branches is working on adding the National Cemetery at Fort Mitchell Alabama for the 2020 event. Apparently not enough time to work it in this year!
So anyone interested in helping out and Honoring our Veterans add the location to your calendar for next year!

Bango Skank

Western NY is currently building a National Cemetery about 50 miles away from me, it’s still under construction with nobody interred yet.
Next closest is around 120 miles. They’re not part of Saluting Branches, I’m gonna send some emails about getting them on for next year.
Never knew about this before, thanks for sharing, and thanks for volunteering, you guys are good people :)

Cereal_Killer

Why didn't anyone tell me registration is at 6:30? I will have to wake up early.
Hey man registration is at 6:30-7:30
Early, EARLY? What's your normal schedule? 2nd shift at Honda here, just got home from over time tonight though the usual schedule is 4p-1a, typically I go to bed about 4-5am but for tomorrow, er I mean today (it's still my Tuesday night) I have to leave my house by 6am to make it to Dayton by 7:30. I have to get up early!