SAKA mini

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
Looks good. I might even try it out eventually. I feel like it is a step back, technologically. I also feel like knee ascenders need that right about now(bungee MA systems.... wtf?).
It's kind of like the one pfannerman runs, but shorter. His bungee is over-the-shoulder.

@Pelorus
You might have to calm down. I think that this patent pending design might mean that these guys can play nice in the future.

Pelorus

@SomethingWitty
An ice cold Coca Cola + a bag of bbq chips = happy pelorus.
It's all good, buddy.

edit:
"The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you.."

Last edited:

yoyoman

.....(bungee MA systems.... wtf?).
This brings to mind a falsehood or incorrect scientific fact that my competition has fostered. One of several actually. So with the Velox it is said to have a MA (mechanical advantage) that makes it stronger and work better. I've heard it said. Kind of looks that way when you watch the pulley at the bottom. This just simply is NOT true. elasticity does not make MA.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
This brings to mind a falsehood or incorrect scientific fact that my competition has fostered. One of several actually. So with the Velox it is said to have a MA (mechanical advantage) that makes it stronger and work better. I've heard it said. Kind of looks that way when you watch the pulley at the bottom. This just simply is NOT true. elasticity does not make MA.
I know how mechanical advantage works.
There is one. The point recieving the extra pull would be the piece of webbing holding the pulley.
It does, however, allow for a greater range of stretch than a single length of bungee that spans the distance of the device. I was just saying that it is dumb.

yoyoman

It does, however, allow for a greater range of stretch than a single length of bungee that spans the distance of the device. I was just saying that it is dumb.
I agree, and for a climber that takes one 31 inch step followed by a 17 inch step, each stride and is constantly changing the tending attachment point...It's perfect (reference to the Velox)

Last edited:

yoyoman

I know how mechanical advantage works.
There is one. The point recieving the extra pull would be the piece of webbing holding the pulley.
Give that some more thought. Swap the elastic cord with static cord and see if my comment "elasticity does not make MA", makes scense.
We know how MA works, but this example is a mind trick.

yoyoman

... I also feel like knee ascenders need that right about now(bungee MA systems.... wtf?)...
To be clear, I appreciate your comment and the sarcasm, that a knee ascender needs some kind of MA. I'm just pointing out that the MA ...THEY... sell, does not exist and is another false claim to dupe the unwitting out of 179.00 hard earned dollars.

DSMc

I am actually amazed that the manufacturer of the Velox would use the term "mechanical advantage" in describing the bungee movement. I have only heard increased available stretch. Can you supply a link, Richard?

Brocky

There would be MA only if the bungee came back to where it is sewn to the webbing, just in that loop of cord. But it doesn't, it goes past, up to harness or chest. The pulley only redirects the bungee and provides length.

yoyoman

I am actually amazed that the manufacturer of the Velox would use the term "mechanical advantage" in describing the bungee movement. I have only heard increased available stretch. Can you supply a link, Richard?
It's been a verbal I've heard several times.