yoyoman

Looks like the bungee could be hitched to the biner at the end of the bungee, and extended over the shoulder to the back of the saddle, too, if long enough.
Yup, guys have been doing that for a while and it does work very well because of the magic stretch of that bungee, it doesn't really move over the shoulder but just seeks a center point. Some guys have put it over their neck and then back down, that works pretty well too.

Yup, guys have been doing that for a while and it does work very well because of the magic stretch of that bungee, it doesn't really move over the shoulder but just seeks a center point. Some guys have put it over their neck and then back down, that works pretty well too.
Personally, I prefer to minimize the length of the bungee and avoid snags, etc., This is why FreeFallin's more compact, folded bungee setup is so effective. It's makes it more like the Saka2 and the Haas in this regard, but without the highly proprietary bungee straw.

FreeFallin

I am actually playing with slipping it all into a sleeve, probably could not be produced that way because of patent considerations. But there is nothing stopping end user modifications. :cool:

yoyoman

I am actually playing with slipping it all into a sleeve, probably could not be produced that way because of patent considerations. But there is nothing stopping end user modifications. :cool:
No One has claimed the rights or claims to a bungee in a straw! or tube for that matter. If that were the case, then yes, it could be a consideration.

Burrapeg

I use both my original SAKA and MiniSAKA together. Original SAKA on left boot. And I shortened up the Mini to ride just above my right boot as a foot ascender. Works a treat and pulls from the centre of my boot instead of the twist I got on my ankle with a regular foot ascender on the side of the boot. Bungees run up to the bottom of my chest roller. With the rope holding me upright thru the chest roller and BDB riding on the roller (and thus self tending), I can basically climb hands free. Thanks, Richard!

yoyoman

I use both my original SAKA and MiniSAKA together. Original SAKA on left boot. And I shortened up the Mini to ride just above my right boot as a foot ascender. Works a treat and pulls from the centre of my boot instead of the twist I got on my ankle with a regular foot ascender on the side of the boot. Bungees run up to the bottom of my chest roller. With the rope holding me upright thru the chest roller and BDB riding on the roller (and thus self tending), I can basically climb hands free. Thanks, Richard!
Nice, I've done the ankle/knee combo with the mini. I can't use the original SAKA but that sounds like a great idea.

Burrapeg

I've never been a fan of ankle-torque.

Can you post a picture?
Raining like hell this morning but will try and get a photo. Basically, however, I just put the small biner through the hole on the ascender mechanism and did not use the adjustable strap when I hooked the Mini to its foot loop.

Bob Bob

Very enjoyable video @FreeFallin. I found your bungee doubling to be a super idea. Mine is tripled on my homemade knee ascender since it isn't the "magic" type.

Here is another example of how a bungee can be doubled down to the opposite foot.

Last edited:

WaitakKauri

This seems like the right place for this video since it is specific to SRT.

Finally got around to doing a gear review for the SAKA Mini, with some things I have learned climbing on it for the last few months.

Fun video and good review. I enjoy the humour and creative thinking. Mini me was cute - I was like, nah, he just didn't do that, lol, it was very funny.

With the mini itself, dialing in the mini's webbing and bungy has been key to getting good performance. Very nice piece of kit.

FreeFallin

Very enjoyable video @FreeFallin. I found your bungee doubling to be a super idea. Mine is tripled on my homemade knee ascender since it isn't the "magic" type.

Here is another example of how a bungee can be doubled down to the opposite foot.
Nice, I like the 2 foot idea as well, it makes sense with one usually going up as the other goes down.

FreeFallin

Fun video and good review. I enjoy the humour and creative thinking. Mini me was cute - I was like, nah, he just didn't do that, lol, it was very funny.

With the mini itself, dialing in the mini's webbing and bungy has been key to getting good performance. Very nice piece of kit.
Glad you liked it, Had to give a nod to Vern Troyer, that bit cracked me up.
1524351048-austin-powers-mini-me.png