Safe PHC Programs Low-NO Toxicity

Discussion in 'Pesticides and Ferts' started by macrocarpa, Aug 8, 2010.

1. JD3000

JD3000 Well-Known Member

Bout the same as you are. Bet it works well at low rates of cats but J beetles will sit there and eat poison for a while before succumbing. So that said, Azatin with Acelepryn is expensive but effective and many times I'm dealing with mixed borders with lots of things in bloom. Also, VERY low toxicity for the applicator.
    Also has root drench/soak labeling for some critters which I will try next season and this autumn for mag scale.

2. jed1124

jed1124 Member

Interesting stuff. I will definitely be trying it next year. With the density of caterpillars we had this year systemics did NOT work well. I got some control with Lepitect at the high rate but it wasn't great. So many caterpillars as soon as one died another was there to take its place. Death by a thousand bites. I heard through the grape vine that Em Ben was no better on trees over 12" DBH. I was not happy spraying bi fen as high as I could go above my head. The off target kills are a big concern for me too.

3. JD3000

JD3000 Well-Known Member

Might check the label first, dont know if Acel. has labeling for cats as a root soak or not. Lepitect is dreadful and you know how acephate smells...

I heard New England had gypos pretty bad. Our state has been pretty proactive about them since they moved in from PA. Airbombings with Bt and a mating hormone disruptor thingy.